A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

Got an email regarding our cruise director for the WC.

Silversea’s team aboard Silver Shadow is beyond excited to welcome you for the upcoming Far East-West World Cruise 2024. In anticipation of your epic adventure, we are pleased to announce the addition of Moss Hills as Cruise Director, joining Silver Shadow’s team of seasoned and talented Senior Officers, including Captain Michele Macarone Palmieri; Flavio Gioia, Hotel Director; and Julio Miranda, Associate Hotel Director.

A favourite amongst Silversea guests, Moss is a consummate entertainer, often sharing his musical talents on guitar and saxophone.

Born and raised in Zimbabwe, Moss moved to South Africa to pursue his musical profession before joining the cruise industry as a performer. Entertaining guests on voyages worldwide led to promotions as both Entertainment and Cruise Director for various cruise lines. He eventually settled in England with his wife Tracy, yet the call of the sea was too strong to ignore, and Moss was thrilled to return to cruising to "work with the very best" at Silversea. He quickly fell in love with the intimate, small-ship atmosphere and the fascinating guests from all over the world. Since 2014, Moss has spent time on nearly every ship in the Silversea fleet, sailing to all seven continents.

“While I’ve been with Silversea for almost a decade, this will be my first World Cruise, and it will be a great honour for me to serve as Cruise Director for the entirety of such an extraordinary voyage, hosting our guests for the trip of a lifetime. There’s a special sense of camaraderie that develops on these longer cruises and I’m looking forward to reuniting with familiar faces,” said Moss.

Together with Silver Shadow’s entire World Cruise 2024 team, Cruise Director Moss looks forward to welcoming you aboard for the voyage of a lifetime to some of the world’s most magical destinations. See you in the New Year!

THE SILVERSEA TEAM

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, profpeabody said:

Got an email regarding our cruise director for the WC.

Silversea’s team aboard Silver Shadow is beyond excited to welcome you for the upcoming Far East-West World Cruise 2024. In anticipation of your epic adventure, we are pleased to announce the addition of Moss Hills as Cruise Director, joining Silver Shadow’s team of seasoned and talented Senior Officers, including Captain Michele Macarone Palmieri; Flavio Gioia, Hotel Director; and Julio Miranda, Associate Hotel Director.

A favourite amongst Silversea guests, Moss is a consummate entertainer, often sharing his musical talents on guitar and saxophone.

Born and raised in Zimbabwe, Moss moved to South Africa to pursue his musical profession before joining the cruise industry as a performer. Entertaining guests on voyages worldwide led to promotions as both Entertainment and Cruise Director for various cruise lines. He eventually settled in England with his wife Tracy, yet the call of the sea was too strong to ignore, and Moss was thrilled to return to cruising to "work with the very best" at Silversea. He quickly fell in love with the intimate, small-ship atmosphere and the fascinating guests from all over the world. Since 2014, Moss has spent time on nearly every ship in the Silversea fleet, sailing to all seven continents.

“While I’ve been with Silversea for almost a decade, this will be my first World Cruise, and it will be a great honour for me to serve as Cruise Director for the entirety of such an extraordinary voyage, hosting our guests for the trip of a lifetime. There’s a special sense of camaraderie that develops on these longer cruises and I’m looking forward to reuniting with familiar faces,” said Moss.

Together with Silver Shadow’s entire World Cruise 2024 team, Cruise Director Moss looks forward to welcoming you aboard for the voyage of a lifetime to some of the world’s most magical destinations. See you in the New Year!

THE SILVERSEA TEAM

Moss Hills has quite a stellar reputation!  I am thrilled to finally sail with him!  For those interested, here are a couple of links about this storied gent.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTS_Oceanos

https://www.oceanossinking.com/moss-hills

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mysty said:

Moss Hills has quite a stellar reputation!  I am thrilled to finally sail with him!  For those interested, here are a couple of links about this storied gent.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTS_Oceanos

https://www.oceanossinking.com/moss-hills

My gosh....i cried reading his account.  What a story and what a hero he was. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JSR said:

Thank you!!! We have already had a major glitch. Working with SSea to find a hack. Wheelchair accessible cabin has a major design flaw- only allowed 15 inches of access for to the bed.

I worried about the same problem in 535, so I asked that the beds be set up in twin fashion. We'll see if that works.

Rick (& Nancy) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ricktalcott said:

I worried about the same problem in 535, so I asked that the beds be set up in twin fashion. We'll see if that works.

Rick (& Nancy) 

We are on Nova. Not sure what the setup on Shadow is like, on the Nova that would not have worked. Moon was excellent setup so I hope the Shadow is more like the Moon. 
@ricktalcott I did request photos and measurements from the ship which did lead to solving the issue - not ideally but functionally. You may want to consider getting the information and measurements ahead of time. 

Edited by JSR
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Moss Hills is by far our favourite CD. Not only is he a true hero, he is also musically talented, good company and a complete gentleman. 

Thank you @Tothesunset !   Mr. Hills sounds like a magical combination of awesome human wonderfulness!  It will indeed be a treat! 😁

Just now, mysty said:

Thank you @Tothesunset !   Mr. Hills sounds like a magical combination of awesome human wonderfulness!  It will indeed be a treat! 😁

I hope he does his one-man musical show in the theatre on your trip. And if you're really lucky he'll do an impromptu session in the Paranoia Lounge one night where he does stuff that he doesn't do on the stage. 

One of a kind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

I hope he does his one-man musical show in the theatre on your trip. And if you're really lucky he'll do an impromptu session in the Paranoia Lounge one night where he does stuff that he doesn't do on the stage. 

One of a kind. 

And the awesomeness continues!  Thank you @Tothesunset

1 minute ago, drron29 said:

According to CD Bruno on the Muse Moss has only signed on for one contract with SS and told them it is his last. So you are doubly lucky having him on the World Cruise.

Thank you @drron29 That's an even more awesome!  😄

FedEx Update - Things are not going according to plan.  Two of the bags are stuck in Memphis and two of the bags are delayed delivery with this message...

Capture.JPG.35538624dc9bea035befed10294db62e.JPG

I have sent an email to our travel agent.  Hopefully Silversea can address this!

58 minutes ago, mysty said:

FedEx Update - Things are not going according to plan.  Two of the bags are stuck in Memphis and two of the bags are delayed delivery with this message...

Capture.JPG.35538624dc9bea035befed10294db62e.JPG

I have sent an email to our travel agent.  Hopefully Silversea can address this!

Oh no!  Good luck getting them to Barbados!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JoGay said:

Oh no!  Good luck getting them to Barbados!

Thank you!  This is a stress I did not need!  Email sent to travel agent and phone call to the number on the information sheet for the ship ahead luggage.   This may be a night with little sleep.

Update on FedEx.....We heard from Silversea by way of our travel agent.....

"We have received an update from Silversea and they have advised that this is the regular procedure and that is it very common for the luggage to stop for custom checks.

As it is a very busy time of the year, checks can be delayed which is expected and is the reason behind Silversea wanting to pick-up the luggage with ample time to create a buffer for checks.

Rest assured that Silversea is monitoring all details."

All luggage is now in Barbados awaiting clearance.  Hopefully the bags will delivered to the harbour.

• Like 7

We received our cruise tickets for the Holiday Season cruise by email yesterday from Silversea via our travel agent.  We sail on December 18th.  We are supposed to get our World Cruise tickets next week.

• Like 5

Just received an email from Silversea advising that the final leg of the World Cruise will have an itinerary change.  "Local port authorities have recently advised us that Whittier, Alaska is no longer available during your voyage. As such, we will now visit Haines, Alaska, and arrive in Juneau directly on 16 May 2024." 

Capture.JPG.cc5cbb9c025cf569ca6fe95c96322d4a.JPG

18 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Don't know if its still there but, at the pier in Haines was a tiny restaurant called "just for the halibut" best fishi & chips we've ever had.  Probably gone now, but worth checking.

Thank you @silkismom !  We love halibut!  Now the research begins! 😁

• Like 1