Benefit to Booking Next Cruise onboard?

alwysonvctn

We are scheduled for our 3rd MSC cruise leaving in 15 days to the Bahamas. We are looking at booking a Med cruise as our next adventure. Will be get any discount or OBC if we wait and book while onboard? I should also add that the Med cruise is only a month after we get off the Bahamas trip.

Thanks for the help.

My suggestion would be to look up the cruise itinerary you have in mind and price it via a mock booking on both MSC's website and also through a TA.  That way you will be able to determine if the rate you are being quoted once on board is better than what you could get on your own.  Often you will get additional OBC as a perk for booking on board.  Also, if you have a good TA, reach out to them and ask what perks they would offer if you transfer the booking to them after you've made the reservation.  Often the TA's will kick in additional OBC that is refundable, thus making your cruise fare even better...assuming you don't spend the OBC when you cruise.  There are many reputable on line TA websites that you can do a mock booking on to see what they are offering for the sailing you have in mind.

• Like 1

I booked a cruise for Oct 2023 while onboard the Divina in October 2022 and the only benefit I could see vs booking directly online was an extra $ 25 onboard credit. 

As an FYI, I transferred my May cruise I had booked online directly with MSC to a travel agent and MSC raised the price by the amount of the agent’s commission. I have never had that happen with any other cruise line. I had not made final payment, so maybe that was the reason. The agent confirmed that MSC told her the price increase was due to her commission.  She offered to refund it, but I told her to keep it since she was able to make another booking for me that I could not get booked online.

• Like 1