Panama Canal in Fall of 2024

limace

Starting to look at a Panama Canal Cruise in Fall of 2024 to celebrate my retirement right before then (woohoo!). Looks like a lot of lines don’t have sailings out that far yet-when could I expect to see most available? We have only cruised twice before-once on HAL and once on Celebrity-and loved both experiences, so are  pretty open. Would love old locks-if you have a favorite ship or line you can recommend for this itinerary I’d love to hear it. Looking for full transit, more interested in good food and educational opportunities than in a lot of activities on board. 

Start with looking at the ships that are sailing Alaska in summer 2024.  Then back up to those ships in spring of 2024.  If they do a westbound transit through the canal to get to Alaska, chances are they will also return to the Atlantic via the canal in the fall.  The only fall transit I see now is Celebrity Summit, who will use the original locks.  My favorite go to website is cruisetimetables.com.  I go ‘cruises to..’ and choose Panama Canal.  But keep in mind there are some small lines they don’t include, and NCL is seldom listed on transit days.  EM

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

But keep in mind there are some small lines they don’t include, and NCL is seldom listed on transit days.

I've noticed that.  The NCL Gem will be transiting the Canal on Feb. 5 and Feb. 7, but is not listed.  I've been wondering why, especially since cruisetimetables.com does correctly show the Gem in Panama City on Feb 6.  

Of course 2023 itineraries don't always reflect what the 2024 itins will be, but it can give you an idea as to what might be offered.  In '23 HAL has a number of full transits on a number of ships that would use the original locks throughout the winter season.  On the other hand Celebrity only seemed to have full transits in and around the start and end of the Alaskan season