Do I really need to get an "Attending Physician Form" filled out?

jxtgreek

My wife recently fractured both her shoulders and we had to cancel our upcoming cruise 28 days before the cruise.  When we booked we choose the NCL offered insurance (mostly for a possible emergency during the cruise).  Can I just submit my wife's hospital discharge papers or do I really need to get her doctor to fill out this paperwork?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Her physician needs to complete the paperwork.  Discharge papers mean nothing to insurance companies.  I worked in medical claims for 41 years and if there was no completed physician form, we didn't even look at the claim.  It was pended as 'incomplete' for 30 days then denied as requested information not submitted.  Get the form and all backup that you can.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Her physician needs to complete the paperwork.  Discharge papers mean nothing to insurance companies.  I worked in medical claims for 41 years and if there was no completed physician form, we didn't even look at the claim.  It was pended as 'incomplete' for 30 days then denied as requested information not submitted.  Get the form and all backup that you can.  

This ^^

The insurers have the right to take care to avoid fraud.

In addition to that, chances are that the terms and conditions of the policy include how to submit a claim, and that likely requires all receipts plus any relevant forms like from a physician. Does the insurer have a specific form for the physician to fill out?

If you don't submit the claim that includes *everything* the insurer requires, then... chances are good you won't get paid, or won't get paid for anything that involves the missing documentation.  In the case of the very basis of the claim, an injury, probably nothing would be paid without that required physician's form.

The faster you get them the complete claims documentation, the faster you'll get paid.

GC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jxtgreek said:

My wife recently fractured both her shoulders and we had to cancel our upcoming cruise 28 days before the cruise.  When we booked we choose the NCL offered insurance (mostly for a possible emergency during the cruise).  Can I just submit my wife's hospital discharge papers or do I really need to get her doctor to fill out this paperwork?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You will also need your original receipt. Cancellation receipt. Receipts from airlines if you are claiming (but most give you a future credit so your claim is $0). 

AON was easy to deal with last spring. We called the number given to us from our TA. We were sent a form and letter stating what was required. Had my doctors complete the paperwork submitted it and in five weeks had our refund minus the insurance cost for all five of us. Were we just lucky to deal with a good agent? Don't think so because the same company handled our other cruise we needed to cancel as well, different agent same process. We did wait seven weeks for that one though which was on the cruise lines end according to AON.

Doctors form filled out was the key.