Do you think X is intentionally decreasing the food quality so you'll go to the specialty restaurants?

NutsAboutGolf

What I am reading is not about food quality but lack of the cooks being trained. I see over cooked and under cooked mostly. The burgers and hot dogs I do not cruise to eat these but found them fine on both of my cruises last year. Our July Edge Cruise we had the best food we ever had on a ship. Just excellent with perfect service, plus they even had great wines at every bar. Celebrity is my cruise line for now but the prices are getting expensive my upcoming cruise in April on the Apex 15 nights TA, Celebrity Suite is $14,000.00 I looked at the 2024 transatlantic sailing 13 nights and its $24,000.00. I may be done with suites and going back to Ocean View.

Edited by southernbreezes
  • Like 2

As first time Celebrity cruisers (with that cruise just 12 days away!) we won't have past Celebrity cruises to compare to, rather we'll be interested in how things compare to our past cruises on RCL, NCL, and MSC. (We generally book suites so we'll be comparing to Coastal Kitchen, and the restaurants in the Haven and Yacht Club). We're hoping Celebrity will be better than those, so that'll be our measuring stick.

I'm not sure if my reading the unhappy posts on CC will bias me in any way, so I'm not planning to tell my partner Rich about these posts, and see what his reaction is to food in OVC, Luminae, and the specialty restaurants. (We probably won't do any dinners in any of the 4 MDRs this first trip). 

We also have an 11 day Canada/New England trip on the Summit this fall, staying in an Aqua class cabin so I'm sure we'll be dining at Blu frequently for that cruise.

This is Celebrity's chance to win some new loyal fans. If cost saving measures haven't hurt their quality too much we'll be planning more cruises with them, but if we don't feel the benefits of the extra $$$ over the other lines we'll go back to them. We also are going on Virgin's Valiant Lady in April and have heard very good things about their food from people who have sailed with them, so that will be an interesting comparison too!

• Like 1