Noumea Cruise Terminal WIFI

Hi Folks,

The following is provided for folks going to Noumea and hoping to pick up some free WIFI while in town.

I recently returned to Noumea for the first time in about 5 years.

I was hoping to grab some coffee and free WIFI ate the cruise terminal however the coffee shop is now vacant and has been turned into a WIFI hub of sorts.

The network (Q20.NCL) is hopelessly slow and averaged between 1/2 and 1 bar of signal strength.  Add to that every person there trying to access it and I am sure you get the picture.

There are three new buildings (to me) which have gone up since I was last there (see image).

Facing the water, I turned right and walked approximately 100 - 150 metres down the dock along the new buildings.

This is a new development which has several shops, eateries, bars, coffee shops etc some with WIFI.

In between the buildings is the Noumea Tourist Information Office which has an excellent free WIFI service (5 bar signal strength).  All I needed to do was sign in via an email address (I used my junk gmail  account which I keep for exactly this situation).  The area has seating, shade and as mentioned refreshments are located close by. 

I never used them but I did see signs for public toilets so I cannot vouch for either their cleanliness of functionality.

Hope it helps.

268213794_NoumeaCruiseTerminalWIFI.thumb.jpg.2bb01efd044fd738bd73f68251fdc63d.jpg

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf
cant spell for shirt
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The visitors centre isn’t very well posted,I just stumbled on it walking back from the maritime museum. They where very helpful there ,I think it used to be in coconut square .

The new esplanade and the shops should be quite nice once the get some more restaurants and bars . A alternative to lemon bay.

• Like 1