RCL - Distilled Water?

On 1/2/2023 at 10:56 PM, crzndeb said:

Although most of my cruises are 10+ days, when I go on 7 days cruises, I always feel like I waste so much distilled water, so I just use cabin sink water.

I've gotten distilled water on the last 2 RCI cruises I was on (both on Allure OTS). My TA put in the request for me both time. I use it for a nasal rinse I need to add a prescription medication to for my terrible sinuses. 

On the last night, I fill up my medical use bottle and set it aside. Then we take some of our empty water bottles and fill them up with the leftover distilled and stick them in the cooler with our ice bucket. We use those to drink until we get to the airport. 

Getting distilled water is no big deal.  I ask for it and an extension cord pre-cruise by filling out the pre-cruise special needs form.  If it isn't in the cabin when we arrive, a simple request from the cabin steward and it is there after dinner, no problem.  

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 5:28 PM, nhraformula00 said:

All of the water on the ship is generated from the ship from a process called reverse osmosis. It is 100 % pure with no contaminates.

Which is great for drinking, and IMHO better than any bottled water. But it is not distilled water, and probably should not be used for any equipment specifically requiring distilled water.

• Like 1