Possible medical condition.

gdwest

Sailing in April 2023 with seven passengers with four staterooms booked.  I have just been informed that my mammogram from a couple of weeks

ago has a possible "spot".  I go for additional test next week on the 13th.  

Our final payments are due tomorrow (Jan 3, 2023); however, full payments were paid in early December.  We did not buy any trip insurance.

Would it be possible to add the travel insurance today; and is so, would a medical condition (possible condition) that has not been diagnosed

until later next week be covered.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sorry about the medical scare. Try not to worry. It happens to lots of women when there is nothing wrong. The doctors just want more or different views to be sure.

As to insurance, you have missed the window for a pre-existing conditions waiver because you have already made final payment regardless of the official date. You can buy insurance; however, the mammogram falls in the look-back period even though there is no diagnosis so if anything associated with the test causes you to cancel, it will be considered a pre-existing condition.

Best wishes. You’ll be able to sail in April.

• Thanks 1

Totally agree with Babr.  We are Canadian so doubt my input will help but when we buy travel insurance I pay a little extra for a look back for pre-existing of 7 days and we usually buy a year medical travel insurance as we do travel often (well, we did pre-pandemic-so far it’s only been in Canada lately). 

Wishing you well.  

5 hours ago, gdwest said:

Sailing in April 2023 with seven passengers with four staterooms booked.  I have just been informed that my mammogram from a couple of weeks

ago has a possible "spot".  I go for additional test next week on the 13th.  

Our final payments are due tomorrow (Jan 3, 2023); however, full payments were paid in early December.  We did not buy any trip insurance.

Would it be possible to add the travel insurance today; and is so, would a medical condition (possible condition) that has not been diagnosed

until later next week be covered.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Do you by any chance still need to purchase air fare to get to the cruise?

GC