Flights by Celebrity Problem

Vice

I booked a flight to Europe through Flights by Celebrity and paid with a credit card. After the transaction was complete, the Celebrity site displayed an error but my credit card was charged. I called Celebrity and they stated it was the credit card companies fault and were not seeing the transaction. I called the credit card company and they told me the transaction went through and gave me a transaction number. I'm going to call Celebrity again but don't have much hope and will probably have to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

It seems I always have trouble with Celebrity/Royal Caribbean websites. It seem like they could get their stuff together. 

Not sure what the 'real' problem is here....

Did you not mean to pay for the flights? If not, what is the reason you used a CC at the website???

If the problem is that X does not see the transaction, you certainly have enough information (i.e. transaction #) from your CC company to provide X to trace/tack down.

Please clarify, at least for me, the problem, please.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Vice said:

Not in the airlines system and every time I try to book again, the Celebrity site tells me "There's been an error" or "flight not found."

Is the flight still being operated?

You know, giving details like dates, flight numbers, cities and airlines makes it MUCH easier to give informed advice.

I called Celebrity Cruise Air and the quoted me $10,100 for 2 on business class. Right now, United is $7500 for 1 stop each way. I think I'll book on my own. I wish they would get their website together as it quoted me $6100. 

9 hours ago, Vice said:

I've tried multiple flights on the Celebrity website and all fail. The flights are available on the airlines sights. It appears it is a problem with Celebrity. 

No.  It's a matter that the flights are not available for purchase through Celebrity.  Cruiselines may or may not have access to full airline inventory - it's a function of what the bulk purchase contract allows or not.

Want to buy through the cruiseline?  Accept the fact that you will NOT be having the same purchasing experience that you would get by buying direct from the airline.

Seems as though you want to have access to full inventory of airline seats while having your preference of buying through the cruiseline, all at the cheapest price.  That's known as having your cake and eating it as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Flights by Celebrity boast the lowest prices. I'm not seeing that in business class. If I get a quote through their website, it ought to let me book it. It wouldn't on multiple occasions and even charged my credit card without booking me the first time when I wanted to pre pay. Still trying to get that money back. 

On 1/4/2023 at 9:56 PM, Vice said:

Not in the airlines system and every time I try to book again, the Celebrity site tells me "There's been an error" or "flight not found."

You aren't able to manage your flight after booking, paid or not, on X/Royal's site. You can see the info (if it's booked, which yours is not apparently) but after you "book" the air, you have to call to manage it.  Pain in the ass but it is what it is.

Did you file a dispute with your credit card??

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 3:15 PM, Vice said:

Well, Flights by Celebrity boast the lowest prices. I'm not seeing that in business class. If I get a quote through their website, it ought to let me book it. It wouldn't on multiple occasions and even charged my credit card without booking me the first time when I wanted to pre pay. Still trying to get that money back. 

I must say that when I booked our European flights through X, the r/t direct from airline was approximately $5,575 pp, through X $2,675, even though the return flight was not to my liking, I Am willing to accept it for the pricing.

I Am able to manage my flights through UA's & AY's sites without having paid for the tickets yet...

Apparently YMMV... good luck and I trust you get it sorted by whichever means you choose to finally book.

bon voyage

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I must say that when I booked our European flights through X, the r/t direct from airline was approximately $5,575 pp, through X $2,675, even though the return flight was not to my liking, I Am willing to accept it for the pricing.

I Am able to manage my flights through UA's & AY's sites without having paid for the tickets yet...

Apparently YMMV... good luck and I trust you get it sorted by whichever means you choose to finally book.

bon voyage

I was able to do some things on the carriers' sites before paying.  Now that they're paid off and ticketed, I can do more (I was able to pick a seat initially but couldn't change it until it was paid and ticketed.)

It's annoying that, if you want to change your air before final with X/Royal, you have to call them.  Suffice it to say, I had them remove my air so that I could change it probably 12 times for my cruise in May. (Price kept getting better for Biz, and they couldn't reprice it but if I started over, I could get the better price. Ah, technology!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, megr1125 said:

I was able to do some things on the carriers' sites before paying.  Now that they're paid off and ticketed, I can do more (I was able to pick a seat initially but couldn't change it until it was paid and ticketed.)

It's annoying that, if you want to change your air before final with X/Royal, you have to call them.  Suffice it to say, I had them remove my air so that I could change it probably 12 times for my cruise in May. (Price kept getting better for Biz, and they couldn't reprice it but if I started over, I could get the better price. Ah, technology!)

I Am hoping, possibly in vain, that the pricing will go down enough for me to book from PHL or fly non-stop from FCO-EWR...

bon voyage

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

I just made a reservations through Choice Air for an Azamara cruise.  My outbound flight is on AA to PHL and then AY (it’s really an American flight just a code share with AY)  to BCN.  Homeward bound on United.   I’m able to get seat assignment on United. But no on my AA/AY flight.  My flight will not be charged until final payment.   How did you manage AY?   I want to get seats assigned. 

Have you called Choice Air? I’ve used Air2Sea with Royal Caribbean but not Flights by  Celebrity. They both used to be Choice Air.  My most recent use was last October. I booked Choice Air through the website, but wasn’t able to pre-select my seats on the AA/BA flights (the BA was actually an AA flight).  I called Choice Air to explain the problem and they were able to select the seats on both the AA and BA segments for me.  The agent I spoke with said sometimes they can do seat selection, but not always.  It might be worth the time to call.  By the way, I have a frequent flyer account with AA, but don’t fly with them often was never able to directly manage my seats on the AA or BA site (even after the flight was paid for). I was able to easily manage my outgoing flight segments on UA even prior to the flights actually being paid for.

2 hours ago, KY Deb said:

I just made a reservations through Choice Air for an Azamara cruise.  My outbound flight is on AA to PHL and then AY (it’s really an American flight just a code share with AY)  to BCN.  Homeward bound on United.   I’m able to get seat assignment on United. But no on my AA/AY flight.  My flight will not be charged until final payment.   How did you manage AY?   I want to get seats assigned. 

bon voyage