Meals in the cookery club on Britannia

pennib

I thought that the cookery club was just a facility where you learnt to cook certain things under expert guidance. However on Britannia over Christmas, I had  couple messages on my phone for what sounded like evening meals (without the teaching element). One such meal was Thai street food. I tried to book but the app said no vacancies. Has anyone had this experience and if so how do you go about making sure you can get a vacancy?

2 hours ago, pennib said:

I thought that the cookery club was just a facility where you learnt to cook certain things under expert guidance. However on Britannia over Christmas, I had  couple messages on my phone for what sounded like evening meals (without the teaching element). One such meal was Thai street food. I tried to book but the app said no vacancies. Has anyone had this experience and if so how do you go about making sure you can get a vacancy?

There was a couple of guys outside Sindhu on the afternoon of the first sea day.  I stopped to speak with them and they were signing people up there and then.  The app did not work for us as even IT department could not get it to load so I cannot say if it could be booked there.

We met a couple who did go to one of the events - there were two different ones - but they again had just bumped unexpectedly into the people outside Sindhu.

We attended one last July.  Found out about it by chance We had a Great night.  We went into the cookery club and enquired and John (The Chef) booked us in.  We did tell PO that they need to publicise it better as it was a great night.

• Like 1

@pennibWe went to a Tapas evening at the Cookery Cub when on Britannia last September. It wasn't cheap at £45pp but it was a great night and the food served was excellent.  Head Chef John is a real character and was a mine of information.  On arrival we were able to watch food preparation & then, once we were seated for dinner, see the cooking of each course on a TV screen. The sangria flowed throughout the evening.

I recall seeing it advertised in the Horizon maybe once but I totally agree with @Fozzie100that it should be publicised more. I booked on the My Holiday page.  We will certainly go again. 

• 3 weeks later...