Dress your best …..

CDN Cruisers

We are avid cruisers, but have never cruised with Norwegian.  Looking forward to sailing on the Breakaway out of New Orleans on January 8th.  My husband and I love to dress up for dinners.  Does anyone know which evenings are designated as the Dress your best (originally known as formal evening?).  Thank you!

You can dress up any evening you want.

There are three restaurants that have anything resembling a dress code.

Ocean Blue and La Bistro are two specialty restaurants that require long pants.  Blue jeans are acceptable.

One of the MDR, not sure which, also requires long pants.  Blue jeans are acceptable.

All other dining allow shorts every night.

NCL calls them "dress up, or not".  You can dress however you want, part of the freestyle cruising concept, but the pictures with backgrounds are done on those days if the passenger wants a picture taken.

I can go check my dailies from my last cruise but I'm going to say a sea day is most likely for that.

We like to dress up too-not tuxedo & gown but nice trousers & a jacket for him & a pretty dress for me. We are also unique that we like to linger over dinner, not the “30 minutes gobble it down & run”

The great thing about NCL is that everyone can dress & time their eating to what suits them best. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CDN Cruisers said:

We are avid cruisers, but have never cruised with Norwegian.  Looking forward to sailing on the Breakaway out of New Orleans on January 8th.  My husband and I love to dress up for dinners.  Does anyone know which evenings are designated as the Dress your best (originally known as formal evening?).  Thank you!

So you get the "correct" dress code for the Breakaway, here it is.... long pants in Ocean Blue and Le Bistro only (jeans or dockers are fine). 

image.png.5f82bccbf6646b01dfcaf89216feebab.png

You can dress up every night. Photographers are available every night to capture those cruise memories. 

The following is a live post from the BA to the Western Caribbean so you can get an idea of what types of entertainment will be available. 

Edited by BirdTravels