$50 Excursion Credit

pistachio

On 1/6/2023 at 9:16 PM, rattla said:

From what I’ve seen the prices are laughable, if you take the $50 off, the prices are still twice what you could get elsewhere, and still more expensive than other cruise lines.

just a total con IMO, makes me remember why I haven’t sailed on NCL for several years.

That certainly isn’t always the case.

As with anything, it's always good to shop around.   I didn't see anything wrong with the prices I paid (with credit) for a recent excursion in Ocho Rios, but I've been looking at the prices for stuff at my upcoming Bermuda cruise and...yeah, the cruise line has quite a bit of markup in it (more than the $50 credit for a few, in fact) so...  

Do the research, book accordingly. 

6 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

If you mean Harvest, that is another cut back, it can only be done on the beach now with no credit.

ahhh, I was wondering why I couldn't find the clamshells on the excursions page anymore

7 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

ahhh, I was wondering why I couldn't find the clamshells on the excursions page anymore

Yes, I tried to book it onboard, they told me it now had to be done on the beach which I did.
I did not get a credit and when queried, I was told its now classed as a beach rental and excluded.

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Yes, I tried to book it onboard, they told me it now had to be done on the beach which I did.
I did not get a credit and when queried, I was told its now classed as a beach rental and excluded.

as per the terms and conditions of the shore excursion credit, that is normal

Please see additional restrictions below:
For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, shof515 said:

For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals.

it maybe normal now, but it used to be classified as a shore excursion, as recently as last October.

Edited by dbrown84
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

it's normal now, but it used to be classified as a shore excursion, as recently as last October.

Yes, which is why I anticipated getting a credit, the villa rentals still get a credit and are listed as an excursion.

• Like 1

Just now, ziggyuk said:

Yes, which is why I anticipated getting a credit, the villa rentals still get a credit and are listed as an excursion.

and it was nice because the shells were less than $50 so they became free with the credit.  I used to use the credit even back when it was just $50 per port.  Once it became $50 per excursion, I'm sure there was a run on the shells since it was effectively a free perk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

That's to bad. February at Harvest Cay I walked up the table and was giving credit on the ship. Oh well maybe get lucky at GSC!

9 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

That's to bad. February at Harvest Cay I walked up the table and was giving credit on the ship. Oh well maybe get lucky at GSC!

you have to count yourself lucky if you even make it to GSC  :)  

• Like 1