Weekend cruises to Key West

LMaxwell

I have always said that if Celebrity would have weekend cruises, especially to Key West, I would book one.  Well, turns out that is exactly part of the future weekend itineraries and so they've got my deposit now.  Love Key West; Nassau can just be a 'sea day' in the Solarium and using our Elite port day pass to Persian Garden.  

Friday to Monday cruise doesn't require more than half day PTO for me; I'm local to Port Everglades. Hopefully Celebrity is successful with the 3 day weekend set and it's a step up from most 3 day weekend cruises because that is a weekend getaway I could easily book frequently.  Why go to an airbnb or a local resort?? 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 1

Good for you - useless for those of us who need to fly in, unless we couple them with a side to side cruise or a back-to-back maybe.  I'm really surprised Celebrity is doing this.  These short cruises definitely attract a different type of crowd than the usual X sailing.  I've been on a couple - definitely more of a party crowd.  Maybe that's the idea.  They want a younger demographic and maybe this is a way to attract one.

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

Good for you - useless for those of us who need to fly in, unless we couple them with a side to side cruise or a back-to-back maybe.  I'm really surprised Celebrity is doing this.  These short cruises definitely attract a different type of crowd than the usual X sailing.  I've been on a couple - definitely more of a party crowd.  Maybe that's the idea.  They want a younger demographic and maybe this is a way to attract one.

I've been on the weekend cruises on all the "regulars". Carnival, NCL, Royal, MSC. I am expecting a more party atmosphere than typical Celebrity, probably plenty of bachelor or bachelorette parties going on, but don't think it will be as crazy as some of the NCL and Carnival cruises.  

It's too bad KW isn't paired w CocoCay but I understand why no Celebrity ships go.  Maybe they can pair Bimini with KW on a weekend cruise.  They have Sea Day/Bimini/KW on the 4 day cruise; but a 4 day cruise I may as well just take a 7 or 8 day for the same amount of PTO days off. 

Agreed no 3 day cruise makes much sense to fly to. I expect a local crowd and/or people adding on to longer vacations.