Semi-LIVE Equinox January 2, 2023

Betsynh

5 hours ago, topside2 said:

Thanks for sharing the Semi- Live blog. We are on the same cruise in March, any more information on the "white party"? DW wants to be prepared before boarding.

If she forgets, don't worry. I saw people dancing draped with the Celebrity-supplied white bathrobe from the cabin.

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, Betsynh said:

I do NOT recommend our St Kitts shore excursion and let Celebrity know. We booked a Coastal Cruise, Beach and Steel Drum Cruise with the specific goal of enjoying a beach in Nevis, as specified on the description. It was more like a booze cruise and took us to a beach in St Kitts. We rented chairs and umbrella for $15 and the people next to us said they took a cab from the ship. How’d you do that? Aren’t we in Nevis? Nope. It felt like the boat was bringing us to their friend’s rental area to make extra $$. Misleading and a little sketchy. We’d been to that same beach a few years ago by cab. Ugh. Pick an excursion with Nevis in the title. Hope it’s rectified. 

04BE5A94-DFFB-482A-8371-CFA40752DF69.png

I hope you managed a partial refund.  We did the Anse Dufour Beach and snorkeling in Martinique. We were assured the boat will sail up to the beach so DW can enjoy it (she doesn't snorkel).  But in fact the boat anchored some distance from the beach so the excursion fell short of our expectations. We got a 30% refund to OBC account from the Shore Excursions desk 

20230106_152320_HDR.jpg

3 hours ago, onyourmark said:

This might help!  Also on the cruise, have to mention that Captain Theo was incredibly visible and approachable, even with his wife and young kids in tow.

20230103_103931.jpg

That’s perfect! I didn’t take a pic. Thanks so much. I thought Captain Theo was great. We bought one of the stuffed captain bears for our grandson and named him Theo. Took pics all over the ship with him and made a storybook. Lol. 

9EE0D809-8566-42D9-A48C-0843517E8744.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onyourmark said:

If she forgets, don't worry. I saw people dancing draped with the Celebrity-supplied white bathrobe from the cabin.

Yes! There were about 5 people in robes… I suppose you could make a toga?!? It wasn’t called a white party, more like a Full Moon Party (toga reference takes on new meaning here…)

You'll have a great time no matter what!

Hi, I will be on the same ship and itinerary in March, thank you for the review.  I thought I read somewhere (maybe in this thread … lol) that there is no food available anywhere after the buffet lunch closes, until dinner time.  Is that correct?  So if returning from an excursion at 2:30 or later, we need to be sure to eat before reboarding the ship? There is nowhere to get a light lunch or snack after 2:30? (Or whenever the buffet closes)

Edited by Freckles_51

2 hours ago, Freckles_51 said:

Hi, I will be on the same ship and itinerary in March, thank you for the review.  I thought I read somewhere (maybe in this thread … lol) that there is no food available anywhere after the buffet lunch closes, until dinner time.  Is that correct?  So if returning from an excursion at 2:30 or later, we need to be sure to eat before reboarding the ship? There is nowhere to get a light lunch or snack after 2:30? (Or whenever the buffet closes)

We returned from an excursion around 3pm and found the OVC had pizza, pasta and salad bar with a few desserts, maybe ice cream too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, onyourmark said:

We returned from an excursion around 3pm and found the OVC had pizza, pasta and salad bar with a few desserts, maybe ice cream too.

The Cafe also had desserts at that time. We got pizza and pasta after excursion, too. No worries!