Car hire in Tenerife Cruise port

jenpet

Hi I can only find one company that offers car hire from Tenerife Cruise Port in Santa Cruz Tenerife.

The only one I can find s CICAR & they are expensive.

Having lived in Tenerife ( & knowing of numerous car rental companies ) I find it hard to believe that only

one company has rental cars on the port site. 

We do not want picking up & be taken to a the car hire site.

Please can anyone advise?

Hi ziggyuk

Thanks for the reply, but I can also get lots of car hire companies if I wanted a car from either airports. I want one from the Santa Cruz Cruise Terminal/:Port for the day.

I'm surprised CICAR are expensive - we've used them on various islands for many years, including Lanzarote about a year ago.

I'm currently seeing their rates at Santa Cruz port starting at €40.36 for a random date in May - are you sure you pumped in the same date for both pick up & return etc?

They're the biggest and best operator in the Canaries, clean late cars, zero excess CDW, unlimited mileage and honest fuel policy, map & CD included, no ripping-off customers.

And as you've found, a convenient depot in the port.

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull

On 1/4/2023 at 12:34 AM, John Bull said:

I'm surprised CICAR are expensive - we've used them on various islands for many years, including Lanzarote about a year ago.

I'm currently seeing their rates at Santa Cruz port starting at €40.36 for a random date in May - are you sure you pumped in the same date for both pick up & return etc?

They're the biggest and best operator in the Canaries, clean late cars, zero excess CDW, unlimited mileage and honest fuel policy, map & CD included, no ripping-off customers.

And as you've found, a convenient depot in the port.

JB 🙂

For a one day rental, that is not a bad rate. Perhaps the OP has unrealistic expectations for a daily rate, and is expecting to pay one seventh of a weekly rate ?