Dress code; dining - Pride of America

kstrittm

I've looked high and low and cannot find anything on this topic - sorry if it is a repeat, though...

Can I wear nice shorts/polo shirt and sandals to the dining rooms (main and specialty) on POA?  I cruised her in 2017, and I did then.  But I don't know if I was violating policy or if it was accepted!  LOL...

Thanks in advance

On all the NCL ships we've been on, they request no shorts or flip flops in the dining rooms.  Not that anyone pays attention to it but we did see the Maitre'd turn away some people in what he thought was inappropriate attire so it depends on who is at the door watching.  Just because you're in Hawaii doesn't mean it's an anything goes scenario. You'll probably get away with it. 

We were on the POA in November and Jefferson's Bistro was the only restaurant in which shorts and flip-flops weren't allowed. They're also not allowed in the Liberty MDR but, as previously mentioned, it was closed at that time. Nice/dressy sandals are always allowed for woman and I can't imagine a man wearing nice sandals with his long pants and a polo or Hawaiian shirt being turned away. DH wore black Aviator jeans, black leather sneakers and a Hawaiian shirt and no one batted an eye.