Panorama with grandkids ages 2-10

Coffeeluvr05

We are taking our daughter and her family on the Panorama in February and would like to know any information you have about the kids clubs.  We heard that they provide you with some sort of communication device when you check your kids in?  Any info on that would be appreciated.  Also, do they break up the kids by ages so siblings may not be together?

Do they allow grandparents to keep the kids on the ship while parents go off the ship on an excursion?  

I noticed that there are cooking classes and wondered if anyone has taken their kids to them.  The pizza making and cupcake or cake decorating look like something my older grandkids would enjoy.  Are they worth the price?

The kids clubs are broken up by ages (2-5, 6-8, 9-11)  so, depending on their ages, they will most likely not be together.  There is no communication device, at least not for kids in the 6+ age groups.  You can always call the club from a cruise phone to see how things are going though.  I would recommend you be added to the approved people who are allowed to check the kids in and out of the kids club though.  Just go to registration on the first day of the cruise with the parents.  

And, yes, you can stay on the ship with the grandkids.  My parents did this with our daughter. 

Can't speak to the cooking classes.  

The Panorama is a great ship.  Be sure to check out the sky zone.  My daughter loved it.

• Like 1

They will not be together for sure. They do sometimes give phones for the littlest little ones or if there was a problem on a previous visit (uncontrolled crying/temper tantrum/poor behavior) but not for the older kids. Including the grandparents at registration will give them full pickup/drop-off options. The cooking classes (most) may not be appropriate for very young kids but there are a few where it might be an option for the older kid. +1 on the Sky Zone, my kids still have their socks and orange shirts lol.    

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Projunior said:

We am also taking three of my grandkids on their first cruise and our first Carnival cruise on the Celebration this June. Is Camp Ocean open every day? Or only on sea days?

Ooh, that's a good question!  I hope it is open every day.  Not that my grandkids will want to go all the time, but I want them to do whatever they choose.  We do have at least one excursion for our whole family, but I know their parents may do at least one alone and one with just the older kids and we will keep the toddler back on the ship with us.  It's going to be a whole new cruising experience for us!

I BELIEVE that the various kids clubs are open daily but that hours might vary a little bit. I am aware that things like the fabulous Green Eggs and Ham brunch are up and running again post-Covid. From what I've heard, that's a 'don't miss'. Enjoy the time with your grand kids!

30 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I BELIEVE that the various kids clubs are open daily but that hours might vary a little bit. I am aware that things like the fabulous Green Eggs and Ham brunch are up and running again post-Covid. From what I've heard, that's a 'don't miss'. Enjoy the time with your grand kids!

I've heard of the Dr. Seuss breakfast...would a 2 yr old like it you think?  I'm not sure the older girls would care that much.  

5 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I've heard of the Dr. Seuss breakfast...would a 2 yr old like it you think?  I'm not sure the older girls would care that much.  

My seven-year old loved it.  And also be prepared ... there is a Build-A-Bear activity available on the ship.

The kids club is open everyday, but, like the previous poster stated, the hours vary.  We cruised the Miracle in December and the kids club was open the first night.  They also had Night Owls, which involves an extra cost and begins at 10 p.m., every night (something that wasn't available on our summer cruises).  Our December cruise also had a kids club dinner one night where the kids had a special section on Lido and all had dinner together.  

You'll be able to see all the activities once you're onboard and you log into the Carnival Hub app.  Make sure you pay attention to the activities that require a reservation though.  They can fill up quickly.  Have fun!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Projunior said:

We am also taking three of my grandkids on their first cruise and our first Carnival cruise on the Celebration this June. Is Camp Ocean open every day? Or only on sea days?

not opened the first night except for orientation for teen clubs   I have not seen a kids club opened the first night-  except for orientation 

and night owls 

they are not opened all day.    they open at 10 and close for lunch  open at 2 and close for dinner about 5pm     and open again at 7 and becomes paid at 10pm

you will get an activity sheet for kids program that they kids come and go with the activity they want to do.

camp for 9-11  the kids needs permission to sign in and out so they can participate is scavenger hunts