Spa/Massage

Prices vary on day and time.   If you look at your cruise planner and select a day you will then different prices.

I.e. the cheapest are usually day 1

Last winter they were offering lots of spa specials but the couple of cruises I had this fall and early December I did not see any great deals onboard.

I'm currently on Allure and there's a special they're advertising for Day 6 that finally matches cruise planner prices. Aside from that, they've been significantly higher on-board v booking in the planner pre cruise from my comparisons. 

However, when we were on Harmony last month prices were the highest we've ever seen ($200+ for a massage) and never did see a price that made any sense to pay. So it definitely seems to vary by ship. 

They often have special prices on port days.

Also usually a buy 3 and get 10% off 1st, 20% off 2nd and 30% off 3rd (or similar) but prices are pretty ridiculous otherwise IMO!

Edited by Deeliteful

I did a full body treatment (massage) on Radiance in June. They were offering a good price on board during a port day. I felt the service was very good, but I wasn’t prepared for the heavy-handed sales pitch afterwards. She honestly was so persistent and made it seem like my health was at stake if I didn’t purchase all the recommended products! That was a huge turnoff for me and really affected my experience. I don’t think I would book another treatment for just that reason. 

• Like 4

I pre-booked two couple's massages for my wife and me on our cruise on Voyager in October.  The first on boarding day, and the second on a port day.  Prices were significantly lower than sea days.  Onboard, I checked some of the "special" prices and none of them came close to what I paid in advance via Cruise Planner.

As for the hard sell tactics, they did do that on the first treatment and we both just politely, but firmly, said no thanks.  On the second treatment, they just asked if we were interested, we said no, and that was it.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

I did a full body treatment (massage) on Radiance in June. They were offering a good price on board during a port day. I felt the service was very good, but I wasn’t prepared for the heavy-handed sales pitch afterwards. She honestly was so persistent and made it seem like my health was at stake if I didn’t purchase all the recommended products! That was a huge turnoff for me and really affected my experience. I don’t think I would book another treatment for just that reason. 

A tip I read years ago, and has worked for us:

Put right on the questionnaire: "No Sales pitch". You can also mention that directly to the staff member before they start.

If you're lucky, you'll get a few more minutes of whatever treatment you're getting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

A tip I read years ago, and has worked for us:

Put right on the questionnaire: "No Sales pitch". You can also mention that directly to the staff member before they start.

If you're lucky, you'll get a few more minutes of whatever treatment you're getting.

That’s an excellent idea and probably would have saved my spa experience from their sales pitch, which I did not enjoy!

19 hours ago, rudeney said:

I pre-booked two couple's massages for my wife and me on our cruise on Voyager in October.  The first on boarding day, and the second on a port day.  Prices were significantly lower than sea days.  Onboard, I checked some of the "special" prices and none of them came close to what I paid in advance via Cruise Planner.

As for the hard sell tactics, they did do that on the first treatment and we both just politely, but firmly, said no thanks.  On the second treatment, they just asked if we were interested, we said no, and that was it.  

I always wondered if the pre-cruise costs were the same or cheaper than their on board port or other deals 

The least expensive 75 minute Swedish massage I have found is $139 pre-cruise (which is really $164 when grats are added). This is usually offered for boarding day, as others have pointed out. Onboard the least expensive 75 minute massage I've seen is $149 for the "Manager's special" which adds things like scalp-massage, body-brushing, foot massage...