Barking dogs???

hmorrow

1 minute ago, hmorrow said:

If you had a cabin on deck 11, midships, would you hear barking from the kennel on deck 12?- and where is the kennel on 12, located?.

The kennels are located at the far end of the mid-aft section and the beginning of the aft section on deck 12. A portion of the kennels is located directly above two of the mid-aft Queens Grill suites (11151 and 11153). I doubt there is an issue with noise from barking dogs in those suites or I imagine we would have heard about that on this forum (at least I don't recall seeing anything about that here). But in any event, there won't be an issue with a midships cabin on deck 11.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having done the crossing four times with a dog, there isn't a lot of barking out on deck in any case.  The barking comes from those dogs left locked up during kennel opening times, because their owners are off doing something else.  The kennel section is inside the ship's bulkheads and I'd be very surprised if any noise travelled through the deck to the rooms below.

On a nice day the passengers sunbathing on the QG sun deck will hear the occasional doggy noise from the dog deck above, but that's about the size of it.   

On 1/4/2023 at 9:52 AM, bluemarble said:

The kennels are located at the far end of the mid-aft section and the beginning of the aft section on deck 12. A portion of the kennels is located directly above two of the mid-aft Queens Grill suites (11151 and 11153). I doubt there is an issue with noise from barking dogs in those suites or I imagine we would have heard about that on this forum (at least I don't recall seeing anything about that here). But in any event, there won't be an issue with a midships cabin on deck 11.

I know a couple who had one of the QG staterooms directly below the kennel. They were kept awake by barking dogs  every night on the crossing. They could not be moved to another QG room. The best the staff could do is offer them ear-plugs which were of minimal value on the seven-night crossing. They had booked a QG guarantee and were not aware their assigned accommodation was directly below the kennel. 

They were so annoyed that they cancelled a future booking which was for a substantial segment of the QM2 world cruise.  They are not members of Cruise Critic or I would have encouraged them to post a warning.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Cunard doesn’t take dogs in the kennel on the World Cruise.    If you book a lower Queens Grill Fare thru a guarantee you unfortunately have little say in your suite assignment.

I imagine the only circumstance there might be dogs in the kennels would be if the first or last segment was to or from New York and some of the allocation was sold as a 7 night Transatlantic - though I am not sure if Cunard would have the staff on to look after them as it's not a normal crossing.

I nearly booked 11,153 on my 2019 TA (they were some of the last Q5 and Q6 available) thinking it would be a quiet location with not much foot traffic outside.  My TA advised against it as I was glad I took their advice.

19 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Cunard doesn’t take dogs in the kennel on the World Cruise.    If you book a lower Queens Grill Fare thru a guarantee you unfortunately have little say in your suite assignment.

Yes, they know that. I should have mentioned that they cancelled the world cruise segment not out of fear of being located under the kennels again (something easy to avoid by booking a specific stateroom) but because they were annoyed at Cunard.

• 2 months later...

I've a good mind to book a QG cabin just to be underneath the kennels.

I feel for these cats and dogs, in case there are noisy humans in the cabins below them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, david,Mississauga said:

I know a couple who had one of the QG staterooms directly below the kennel. They were kept awake by barking dogs  every night on the crossing. They could not be moved to another QG room. The best the staff could do is offer them ear-plugs which were of minimal value on the seven-night crossing. They had booked a QG guarantee and were not aware their assigned accommodation was directly below the kennel. 

They were so annoyed that they cancelled a future booking which was for a substantial segment of the QM2 world cruise.  They are not members of Cruise Critic or I would have encouraged them to post a warning.

I've posted about our experience of suite 11153 on another thread but just to say here we couldn't hear any barking at all except faintly when in our bathroom.

• Like 3