Where does the ship dock in Doha?

markorop

We are going on a cruise in February around the arabian gulf and are confused.

On the app, it says we dock at Hamad Port, which is really far away from the downtown. However reading comments and looking at the real time position of the ship, it looks like it docks at the Doha Port which is really closer. Does anyone know where we dock?

40 minutes ago, markorop said:

We are going on a cruise in February around the arabian gulf and are confused.

On the app, it says we dock at Hamad Port, which is really far away from the downtown. However reading comments and looking at the real time position of the ship, it looks like it docks at the Doha Port which is really closer. Does anyone know where we dock?

Hi Markorop, I can not answer your question about the correct dock in Doha but I did read a recent review (Jan1 2023) on trip advisor regarding MSC Europa and some confusion over the dock in Doha. You might want to read it, if you haven't already. It is titled "Style without substance..." From the review it appears that many people did go to the incorrect port in Doha, so your concern has validity. If you google MSC Europa reviews the review should come up. Hopeful by the time you sail MSC should have sorted out all the bugs. Hope you have a great time.

1 hour ago, Cruisernat said:

Hi Markorop, I can not answer your question about the correct dock in Doha but I did read a recent review (Jan1 2023) on trip advisor regarding MSC Europa and some confusion over the dock in Doha. You might want to read it, if you haven't already. It is titled "Style without substance..." From the review it appears that many people did go to the incorrect port in Doha, so your concern has validity. If you google MSC Europa reviews the review should come up. Hopeful by the time you sail MSC should have sorted out all the bugs. Hope you have a great time.

I read the review and it confirms the confusion. A lot of people went to the Hamad port (the one indicated on the app) but the actual leaving port was the Doha port (which is new so MSC probably haven’t updated their information)

Pretty sure it’s safe to assume they dock in Doha port, thank you!

15 hours ago, markorop said:

I read the review and it confirms the confusion. A lot of people went to the Hamad port (the one indicated on the app) but the actual leaving port was the Doha port (which is new so MSC probably haven’t updated their information)

Not so new, a couple of years already. The ship docks indeed opposite Stadium 974, Googlemaps marks the position as Cruise Ship Hotel - MSC Poesia (at least now).

17 hours ago, Cruisernat said:

Could you kindly repost your review here… we are all eager to read what she is like? There is a thread asking for “first impressions” or you could start a new thread. Thank you.