Booking onboard with Book Later

bebe08

I thought I read that Celebrity had changed the Book Later terms to allow you up to 1 year to choose your cruise.  We just received EDocs for an upcoming cruise and says take up to 90 days.    This is what the flyer attached to Edocs says. We already have 2 cruises booked for 2023 and 1 for 2024, so not looking to book another cruise that soon.

Just wondering what others recent experiences are with this.  

Also, if we purchase the book later and don't use it, is the 100 pp refundable? 

TIA

image.png.676a5011ccd5352fd1060a665010faec.png

The flyer you are showing shows 90 days to book the next cruise. 

I think under the new program you have 90 days to choose the TA, or leave it with Celebrity and 1 year to apply it to a cruise.    I don’t know if that applies to cruises booked using a certificate that was purchased before the new program.  

If you don’t use it it is refunded .

if you do pick a cruise for a non refundable deposit rate and cancel you will lose the $100 pp.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

We gave up booking cruise later. Our large online TA often offers group rates on cruises that interest us that are far less expensive than the published X fares and include more perks and refundable OBC in the amount of 10% of the cruise fare plus their loyalty OBC. The TA group rates are also refundable deposit. Those fares aren't combinable with the Cruise Later offerings, so we've had to get our deposits back from the onboard booking which proved to be a hassle. 

Edited by Luvcrusn