Aqua Class, it is worth it

Bo1331

1 hour ago, KKB said:

So it will be $1100 more for 2. 

Close to a wash to buy 10 night specialty dining, spa pass, so that extra shower room might be worth it!

As much as I liked Blu, for 10 days think I'd prefer specialty dining. Perhaps MDR for formal nights, specialty dining the rest.

There you go. Personally I think the $70 +/- pp for specialty restaurants now a days is a little steep, but that’s just me. 

3 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

I did find that you have to watch for the pricing.  It was not too much more for Aqua class on the cruise we have booked for December.  But the price included unlimited Wifi, Gratuities and Beverage package.  The pricing on the Veranda did not.  So, when we added everything up - it was almost the same in price.  So - if we wanted to  throw in specialty dining or go to the spa it would have cost more than booking Aqua class.  

For an 11-night cruise, I calculated those benefits to be around $1,230 per person. The price difference was about $1,900, so we're paying $61 more per person per day.  I can look at it two ways.  The first is that Blu is not worth $60 per day.  The second is that I'm going to Japan for 11 days and my cruise experience is better, more relaxing, and easier.  I am not going reduce the quality over $500 combined for the both of us.  Maybe it's $250 if we avoid specialty dining, which we will avoid on a cruise in a great food area like Japan.