Cancelling cruise days before with Princess Platinum Vacation Protection

sonic99

I have to cancel a Princess Cruise that is in a few days. My party and I have Princess Vacation Protection (Platinum) insurance. We are planning on cancelling due to recent personal issues and being exposed to other family members with COVID-19 (negative currently). We want to receive the FCC (100% future cruise credit).

Would we still need to pay the Princess cancellation fee of 100% if we have the Princess Vacation Protection (Platinum) insurance? If we file a claim with AON, would the fee be waived and just given back as FCC under the "Any Reason" policy?

Or does anyone know how that works?

You will get back the 100% less the insurance fee.    We did this earlier this year.   

The process is quite quick.  Entered the booking reference # onto the AON site, and the FCC was applied in less than 2 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had to cancel a cruise last March because WE MISSED THE BOAT!  Extreme cold snap in the Southeast and our initial flight was delayed about 4 hours, causing us to miss the last remaining possible flight to reach the boat (FLL) on time.  We got everything back (in the form of FCC).

• Thanks 1

also had to cancel for a cruise that we would  have gone on tomorrow . Took four days and the FCC was in our account. At first we thought we were shorted because it was only 75% of the fare. Then I checked our credit card and the rest was a credit  there for  port taxes and rest of what we paid minus not getting back the Insurance .

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, san diego sue said:

also had to cancel for a cruise that we would  have gone on tomorrow . Took four days and the FCC was in our account. At first we thought we were shorted because it was only 75% of the fare. Then I checked our credit card and the rest was a credit  there for  port taxes and rest of what we paid minus not getting back the 

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We had to cancel a cruise last March because WE MISSED THE BOAT!  Extreme cold snap in the Southeast and our initial flight was delayed about 4 hours, causing us to miss the last remaining possible flight to reach the boat (FLL) on time.  We got everything back (in the form of FCC).

Did you make the claim on AON website, using the FCC option?  TIA

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you make the claim on AON website, using the FCC option?  TIA

Yes, I went through AON but I didn't recall an "FCC" option. (I may very well have just missed it or forgotten. )  Anyway, they finally denied the cash refund (I really wasn't after a cash refund,  anyway) and they told me to go back to Princess and then request the FCCs. I don't know how they handle it now,  but I *think * that Princess had to see that AON denial before they would issue FCCs.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes, I went through AON but I didn't recall an "FCC" option. (I may very well have just missed it or forgotten. )  Anyway, they finally denied the cash refund (I really wasn't after a cash refund,  anyway) and they told me to go back to Princess and then request the FCCs. I don't know how they handle it now,  but I *think * that Princess had to see that AON denial before they would issue FCCs.

It seems they are all over the place, how it is worked.  The FCC option on the AON website may be a new addition.  
It is as clear as mud on the AON site. 😳

It seems like if you have the opportunity to take FCC up front (without involving AON) that you get taken care of much faster.  It took AON about a month to give me the denial.  After that, Princess had my FCCs in my account within just a couple of days.

• Thanks 2