Regatta OS Deck help..

Coastaljewel

Looking at booking an Owner Suite for Alaska and Deck 6 and Deck 8 are available.  (Deck 7 taken..which I get..Rooms above and below).. We have never sailed on Oceania or the Regatta.  Looking for any opinions on which would be better in terms of location/noise, etc.  We sailed an Aft cabin years ago in Alaska  on Regents Mariner and loved it. It was a Penthouse C.. not a full wrap.  This is a big deal cruise so Im hoping for great advise.  Thanks.  

Deck 8 imo.

You are on the same deck as most all of the OH and above. You are further away from the anchors and other noises.

You’ll find on many Alaskan cruises the outdoors seating area of the Terrace is either closed or only lightly used because of inclement weather. Big difference from Carribe cruises. 

Deck 6 will have the deeper balcony

Deck 8 is under the Terrace outside space  so you will probably get more noise when the chairs are being moved around

all the aft cabins will have some vibration  when  entering or leaving the dock

The ships are small so does not take long to get anywhere  on them 

Personal choice

• Like 1

Take what you can get and enjoy yourselves. We were fortunate to catch a last minute OS cancellation in Alaska and it was fantastic to have that Suite. We had 6 other friends sailing with us on the trip so it was a perfect room when we were in and around the glaciers. When we would get too cold from viewing from the veranda, we would just step inside for some hot coffee, tea or chocolate available from Room Service via our Butler. Of course there were many other food or drink options but those come to mind, especially the 6 bottles of alcohol provided in the Suite. We happened to be sailing from San Francisco north at the beginning of the Alaska season and it was especially memorable to be sailing out to the Pacific under the Golden Gate Bridge. 

• Like 1

We are presently in the Port OS suite deck 6 on Sirena on route from Port Antonio Jamaica to Bahamas. The location has been alternately delightful and uncomfortable depending on the ships speed and the Sea conditions. We are doing 17.8 Knots through the water  but with a headwind of 24kts which is probably akin to 19 knots ships speed  and are shaking and vibrating quite a bit. Its going to be an uncomfortable night.

From Aruba to Jamaica with calm seas and 15.8 Knots we were very comfortable with virtually no vibration. No doubt deck 6 OS suites which are closer to the Props is the worst for vibration and noise especially when we are docking in the early hours of the mornings. Were we to rebook especially for an Alaska Cruise where the outside deck of the Terrace Restaurant will probably hardly be used we would chose deck 8 OS suites.

On an aside the food on this 12 day cruise has not lived up to the billings as 'the best at sea` I will have more to say about that and our cruise in general when we have a better connection but it has been our first time on Oceania coming from Silversea/Seabourn and Regent and could be  our last. 

It is many years now but in November 2005 (which  still call the non-Libya cruise) we were in 8067.  We loved it.  Did not notice noise from above, although we have in other rooms below the restaurant(s).

We booked the room at the last minute when someone very nicely cancelled.  This is the only time we have been in an OS on any ship.

It turned out to have been very fortuitous because I tore my meniscus boarding a train in Barcelona a day or two before we boarded Regatta and was pretty much wheelchair bound on the cruise.  The OS was spacious enough that I could negotiate around the room with the wheelchair. We had upgraded from a PH which would hot have allowed me that freedom.

We loved the room and that was the first time we really used the butler!  Now we always use them ...

Mura