Kidney Disease

JOHN 57

2 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Learned that I have a kidney disease, did a little search and carival says to contact staff, as soon as onboard and they will help, since I need a died.  Has anyone else had this experience?

I think you made a typo in there. Carnival has a "special needs" department you should contact.

1 minute ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I think you made a typo in there. Carnival has a "special needs" department you should contact.

so sorry, I meant diet.  Yes, I did and there reply was to contact staff at main restaurant.

7 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Learned that I have a kidney disease, did a little search and carival says to contact staff, as soon as onboard and they will help, since I need a died.  Has anyone else had this experience?

my mistake I meant diet.

5 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

so sorry, I meant diet.  Yes, I did and there reply was to contact staff at main restaurant.

IF they do it like they do with people with allergies. They will ask you some questions/show you the menus and you'll pick things and they do have the ability to change things up. No matter what the complainers say Carnival does try to do right by passengers.

• Like 3

Yes, on our last cruise together, my DH had to be on low sodium diet.  Talked to maitre d when we boarded and each night they or a waitperson came around with a "special menu' for the next night he could pre order from.  Very accomodating and helpful.  I would also suggest you ask your dr. for a list of foods or ingredients you should avoid to further allow the staff to help you.  Have a great cruise.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

IF they do it like they do with people with allergies. They will ask you some questions/show you the menus and you'll pick things and they do have the ability to change things up. No matter what the complainers say Carnival does try to do right by passengers.

yes, sounds like they are trying and will work with you