Insignia and Sirena - questions

Guppy99

I recently took my first Oceania cruise on Riviera, over the holidays.

i am considering two more, on the Insignia & the Sirena.

I know that the two smaller ships each only have two specialty restaurants and no culinary  classes.

My questions are as follows;

1) Insignia has an Artist's Loft listed on the deck plans, but it isn't pictured. is there an Artist's Loft on Insignia? Is there an Artist's loft on Sirena (there is not on the deck plans)?

2) Is the spa deck pool on Insignia and/or Sirena similar to the one on Riviera or is it just a hot tub?  

3) are there any indoor pools/ water features?

4) there does not appear to be any lounge just for Concierge passengers, Is that correct?

5) When booking concierge, how do the specialty restaurants work for 9 and 14 day  cruises? (How many allotted for each cabin?)

Grateful for any answers. thank you!

(will be posting my first impressions of a Oceania cruise later, and comparing to Celebrity)

6 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I recently took my first Oceania cruise on Riviera, over the holidays.

i am considering two more, on the Insignia & the Sirena.

I know that the two smaller ships each only have two specialty restaurants and no culinary  classes.

My questions are as follows;

1) Insignia has an Artist's Loft listed on the deck plans, but it isn't pictured. is there an Artist's Loft on Insignia? Is there an Artist's loft on Sirena (there is not on the deck plans)?

2) Is the spa deck pool on Insignia and/or Sirena similar to the one on Riviera or is it just a hot tub?  

3) are there any indoor pools/ water features?

4) there does not appear to be any lounge just for Concierge passengers, Is that correct?

5) When booking concierge, how do the specialty restaurants work for 9 and 14 day  cruises? (How many allotted for each cabin?)

Grateful for any answers. thank you!

(will be posting my first impressions of a Oceania cruise later, and comparing to Celebrity)

Answers to 3, 4, and 5:

3.  There are no indoor pools.

4. Yes, that is correct.

5. https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

Did 10 nights each on Riviera (A4, 12/21) and Sirena (B2, 11/22):

1. No, Sirena does NOT have an Artist's Loft.

2. Only Riviera has the larger spa pool, which is different than Marina's. The one on Sirena is small. There are also two by the small pool on the main pool deck midship.

3. No.

4. There is no concierge lounge on Sirena. That is on deck 9 of Riviera. (We were A4 Concierge on Riviera and used it a lot.)

5. If you are A1-A4 on Riviera, you get 1 reservation for each specialty restaurant. You can try to get more when you board. And can ask daily, too.

Edited by MEFIowa
clarifying

Just now, LHT28 said:

The Artist loft  on Insignia  for the RTW  cruises

not on any of the other R ships

So  on the Insignia it doesn't exit except on round the world cruise?

How do they take it away on other Insignia trips?

3 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

We just spent 10 days on Sirena in an A-level cabin. On the 10 day cruise, we were allowed 2 reservations in each specialty restaurant, for 4 total. You would get the same at 14 days. 

That is consistent with the link 1985rz1 posted.

Thank you.

Just now, Guppy99 said:

So  on the Insignia it doesn't exit except on round the world cruise?

How do they take it away on other Insignia trips?

Sorry was not clear

it was installed   when they were doing the RTW cruises  they probably have things going on all year 

Maybe someone onboard will post 

Our friends got off the end of Dec I can ask if they went there

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Sorry was not clear

it was installed   when they were doing the RTW cruises  they probably have things going on all year 

Maybe someone onboard will post 

Our friends got off the end of Dec I can ask if they went there

Please do ask.  May make the difference upon which cruise I select.

3 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Please do ask.  May make the difference upon which cruise I select.

heard  back  they said no classes were offered in the loft on Insignia

They were looking forward  participating 

They were on the Christmas cruise

If you are sailing during the RTW cruise  you may find they have classes

Sirena doesn't have an artist loft, as previously stated.  However, there are opportunities to learn and do needlepoint.  I never bothered with that until one day I said "why not?" and joined the group.  They have small kits you can take, and if you've never done needlepoint before, the "social hostess" (one of the entertainers) will show you how to do it and help you along.  It's held in the Horizons lounge in the front of the ship, and always offered on sea days and possibly other days.  There's no need to sign up; just look for it in the Currents paper and go.  It's fun, informal, and you can also look out the big windows in Horizons, or chat with the social hostess or group, or whatever while you work away.   In May there was also some other kind of artsy/craftsy thing offered a few days but I don't remember what it was.  We only had one full sea day out of 10, so I wasn't really looking for things to do.  So I didn't check it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the few differences between Sirena and Insignia is the restaurant situation.  Instead of Polo and Toscana, Sirena has a combination of the two, called Tuscan Steak.  It also has Red Ginger, which many of us love.  It's the only small ship to have Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak.  I love the decor in Red Ginger, and on Sirena it was great - never crowded or loud. 

There's some good info on the website under the Frequently Asked Questions section, kind of hidden at the bottom of the home page of O's website.   Many people miss it. 

• Thanks 2