White Night music

laurieb

We started frequently cruising with Azamara in 2017; it seems that the music played outside for White Night hasn’t changed at all.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good set for dancing.  Do you think it will ever be revamped?  The only change I’ve noticed is that Amanda shortened the set this year, cutting a few songs.  

• Like 2

Darren on Journey played a different set in October which was a welcome change. My only issue with it was it had less slow numbers which are often all some folks can manage but otherwise it was really good. It was also longer (we were disappointed on Quest that it was a shorter set, the whole evening was over quicker and there was no real after event whereas on Journey some of the staff joined the action in the Living Room). 

I agree the White Night music needs a refresh as do some of the CDs shows that haven’t changed for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This NYE/White Night on Onward  music was good as was the night, bar the too cold food.

In fact it seemed to liven up the rest of the cruise from what was till then to be frank becoming a little moribund in atmosphere. I think people realised there were others who enjoyed a bit more life

I agree that the whole entertainment needs a fresh look at as for me it shows a lack of imagination & is a little lazy.

Azamara needs to decide what it wants to be in this area. I spoke to a number of first timers who were shocked it was so quiet & wouldn't be coming back. I know people say that's Azamara, fair enough but it needs to market itself in that way so as not to have disappointed customers 

As an aside all businesses need to grow & unless they update the entertainment offer I doubt they will 

• Like 3

The Onward White Night in mid DEC was a lot of fun!  The music was a good mix.  I did notice there were a few more slow and romantic songs, which as @uktogmentions, is all some can manage and also draws more couples out to the dance floor so I found that to be a plus!  It’s all my DH can dance to.  

The music set on Onward, now that you mention it, was longer than the set we experienced last year on Quest, which was quite short but I thought that was because we were the first White Night that happened post Covid.  Surprised to hear the music on Quest is still over so quickly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boxman52 said:

This NYE/White Night on Onward  music was good as was the night, bar the too cold food.

In fact it seemed to liven up the rest of the cruise from what was till then to be frank becoming a little moribund in atmosphere. I think people realised there were others who enjoyed a bit more life

I agree that the whole entertainment needs a fresh look at as for me it shows a lack of imagination & is a little lazy.

Azamara needs to decide what it wants to be in this area. I spoke to a number of first timers who were shocked it was so quiet & wouldn't be coming back. I know people say that's Azamara, fair enough but it needs to market itself in that way so as not to have disappointed customers 

As an aside all businesses need to grow & unless they update the entertainment offer I doubt they will 

As a first time Azamara cruiser in November I totally agree with your comments. 

• Like 1