Queen Victoria Balcony Stateroom Choice

TheHeartyMonk

Hi everyone,

I'm about to book a Britannia Balcony cabin (unobstructed, not Britannia Club) on Queen Victoria for the July cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. My last cruise was on QM2 15 years ago, and I've never cruised on QV.

Knowing that I'll spend at least $500 on board I'm going to pay the extra for the Cunard fare which gives me a guaranteed cabin choice, assuming it isn't already taken. My question for those experienced cruisers out there is what would be a good choice? It does seem that some staterooms in that category have slightly larger balconies, are they a good option?

Any answers very much appreciated.

Edited by TheHeartyMonk
  • Like 1

Yes, there are a few with larger curved balconies, and other “angled” rooms and balconies. The extra space in both  is always welcome if you can secure one of these rooms.

Avoid deck 8 if possible as there are a lot of areas that can be prone to noise from above. A cabin with with accommodations above and below are best if you prefer quietness!

Deck 7 first choice and then deck 6 would be my recommendation, and we have been on QV very many times!😊  Have a wonderful trip to Norway.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Deck 4 FWD and Aft as they have much bigger balconies. FWD have a  metal front and aft have glass - Metal doesn't detract for me as I'm tall so can see over when seated YMMV. My blog posts from 2016 has a photo of one of the FWD balconies

wp-image-234898918jpg.jpg

This is QV off the Greek coast 

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

Just had deck four cabin 4053 great balcony

Thanks for the response, I've looked at where this is and the balcony is very large. Did you find it made the cabin dark though, being set slightly further back?

2 hours ago, TheHeartyMonk said:

Thanks for the response, I've looked at where this is and the balcony is very large. Did you find it made the cabin dark though, being set slightly further back?

I never noticed - I don't see why it would as the balconies above are smaller and the cabin is set no further back than those above.

• Like 1

We found it no darker than other cabins we have had. Sorry I did not take a photo.

The only thing to remember is that you have a lifeboat to your right as you go out the balcony door but this did not obscure the view.

It was covered with the other balcony above for a short way then it was open to the sky for the rest of the balcony.

We would have this room again.

• Like 1