Ocean Cay Cabanas

Tom-n-Cheryl

Are the (non-YC) cabanas just around the lagoon?

Are you assigned a cabana upon booking, or upon getting onto the island? 

What percentage of them are typically booked? (3 night cruise, overnight stay)

No bar service there I'm guessing?

... and, are there any which might be more desirable than others (location or orientation reasons)?

THANKS !

Tom

I had a cabana last Jan 2022.  I had to stop by the shore excursion desk and had a say of which one I wanted.  Yes there is bar service, but it is rather slow.  Was faster to just walk to the bar.  If you have a drinks package, it works on the island too, but the drink selection is not broad as on the ship.  I only saw the non YC cabanas around the lagoon, but they were spread out pretty well.

I booked a non YC cabana again for our April 2023 cruise.  I booked it right when I booked my cabin ( last OCt).  By the beginning of Dec, they were sold out.

31 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I had a cabana last Jan 2022.  I had to stop by the shore excursion desk and had a say of which one I wanted.  Yes there is bar service, but it is rather slow.  Was faster to just walk to the bar.  If you have a drinks package, it works on the island too, but the drink selection is not broad as on the ship.  I only saw the non YC cabanas around the lagoon, but they were spread out pretty well.

I booked a non YC cabana again for our April 2023 cruise.  I booked it right when I booked my cabin ( last OCt).  By the beginning of Dec, they were sold out.

Thanks - I'll go ahead and grab one now, while they're still available. When you asked for a particular cabana, which one did you choose, and why (and were you pleased with your selection)?

Tom

OK - grabbed one 🙂

One other thought... it's for a max of 6 guests. When booking, it had (just) our two names listed there - which I selected. Is there anything which needs to be done in order to have someone from another booking/cabin share it with us?

Tom

9 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

OK - grabbed one 🙂

One other thought... it's for a max of 6 guests. When booking, it had (just) our two names listed there - which I selected. Is there anything which needs to be done in order to have someone from another booking/cabin share it with us?

Tom

They had one assigned to me when I stopped by to verify.  Can't remember the number, but it was past the buffet and near the bar and BR 😁😏.  Liked the location so I just kept it.  Had about 9 with us ( 2 cabins, 5 adults and 4 kids).  Nothing more you need to do, just stop by the excursion desk to get your towels and beach equipment and let others in your party know which cabana to go.  They will ask you how many towels, but won't give you more than 6.  Same for the floaties.  No snacks ( like the half moon cay cabanas), but food trucks do drive by on a reg basis. It really is a lovely island.  You will like the cabana and the beach.

Edited by bafinegan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, haolenate said:

Ask for cabana 29 and higher.  The others are right smack in the middle of the big crowds at the beach.  28 is the one right in front of the buffet, lower numbers to the RIGHT, higher to the LEFT.

2 hours ago, bafinegan said:

They had one assigned to me when I stopped by to verify.  Can't remember the number, but it was past the buffet and near the bar and BR 😁😏.  Liked the location so I just kept it.  ...

So, I'm guessing yours was at least 29+.

There must be more than I envisioned - if the "preferred ones" start at #29 !

If one doesn't pop up on here, I'll make a point to try and get an image (onboard, on island) of the available cabanas w/numbers... if such a thing exists!

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 1

We arrived at 2PM and had 1.5 days there, so we took note of the cabanas and their locations.  I'm glad we did, because people moved lounger chairs near the cabanas on the beach and I'm guessing it was not the same experience we had.   I was hoping the cabanas would be setup like Norwegian, but they aren't.  Still a *fantastic* value though!

10 hours ago, haolenate said:

Ask for cabana 29 and higher.  The others are right smack in the middle of the big crowds at the beach.  28 is the one right in front of the buffet, lower numbers to the RIGHT, higher to the LEFT.

Oh - one more question... the lower numbers are to the RIGHT... is that the right when looking at towards the water, or with the water to your back?

Tom

9 minutes ago, jonbrown03 said:

We have an overnight at Ocean Cay (7am until 1pm the following day). Any idea if we would have the cabana for both days? Anyone have experience with overnights at OC, we have just been there for the day previously?

The way I read it (on the shore excursion page), booking one only reserves it for a single day.

Tom

The numbers decrease to the RIGHT - walking towards lagoon (going EAST).  

Cabanas are only per DAY.  Divina came in at 130PM the day before and we didn't try to use it, the guests services guy said only 1 was rented though.  Seems like a waste for only a few hours.   Cabanas go all the way around the lagoon.

• Thanks 1

I read somewhere that there are Cabanas and Deluxe Cabanas (not to be confused with YC). Any idea what the difference might be? I think someone mentioned food/bar service being one of the differences.

I was not offered anything but the (what I assume was) "regular" one, at something like $250 or so.

Tom