E-lated (hee- hee) to be on to on for our 1st cruise. BUT I was wondering if anyone just off her knows ?

SmoothFlying

A brief history about WHY I'm asking this question. Myself, my wife and my sister did the 10 Alaskan cruise out of SFO on the Miracle last August. Had a wonderful cruise, except for one minor problem (and it only mattered to me and those like me that enjoy this). We are a rare breed ( it seems, according to everybody who isn't this way on the CC cruise site). I NEED my coffee to be very HOT, in the 195 degree range for me to drink it, to me, anything less borders on ice coffee. My poor wife likes hers slightly below room temperature (40-50 degrees) so she just shakes her head at me ! On the last few days on the Miracle cruise I noticed the Lideo deck coffee (which we all three LOVE) was, at the best, warm after the 1st cup. The dinning room manager was walking around the room asking several questions about everything, food quality, service, etc, and when he stopped and asked us my wife, mentioned the lukewarm coffee and he immediately called someone over and told him to check the brewing temperature of the coffee machines which only fixed the problem for about fifthteen minutes.

Myself and my wife are taking our 1st cruise on the Elation in less than a week and I was wondering if any other HOT coffee lovers notice a similar problem with the Lido coffee machines? Out of 20+ CCL this was the first time this has happened. A fluke? I think so but I brought enough instant coffee to bring with me to the Elation, just in case, and use the hot water tap in the beverage area for my daily 4-5 8oz coffee addict needs :)). Hopefully, one of my HOT coffee brothers has just gotten off the Elation and will see my information need. LOL !! I also want to say I'm sorry because I said at the start, this was going to be 'brief' history and it ended up being not even CLOSE. I am sorry. Thank you,

Mac   

elationE

We were on Elation over Thanksgiving and had breakfast on Lido.  My DH must be like you, because he says the coffee was fine but it could have been hotter.  I take my coffee with cream so it's not super hot anyway. We used to get a pot of coffee through room service in the morning and it could be steamy or medium hot, just not consistent. Definitely not McDonald's lava-hot java!🔥

Have a great cruise!!

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

We were on Elation over Thanksgiving and had breakfast on Lido.  My DH must be like you, because he says the coffee was fine but it could have been hotter.  I take my coffee with cream so it's not super hot anyway. We used to get a pot of coffee through room service in the morning and it could be steamy or medium hot, just not consistent. Definitely not McDonald's lava-hot java!🔥

Have a great cruise!!

Ohhhhhhhhh, I know about the pitfall of Lido deck milk !! It's almost frozen and that's a BIG no-no for me and why I also take 22oz container of powered vanilla-chocolate sugar free coffee creamer !:)) Tell your hubby he's not ALONE ! we are kindred souls in our coffee temps. 🙂

Mac

• Haha 1