FYI: NEXUS renewals

Russ Lomas

42 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

You can’t renew it until one year before expiry; for you that will be April 2024.

Excellent - thanks for this info (and just checked hubby's card and it expires nov 2024 - so he is due this November to renew!!!).

52 minutes ago, peanutgirl said:

Can you as a Canadian go to the us side and do your interview. The USA one is closer to any Canadian one 

Yes.  Canadians can book an interview on the US side if you see they are available.  When I dropped into Whirlpool Bridge to renew my passport information there were quite a few Canadians waiting to be interviewed.

Yesterday, I signed into Nexus to update my passport info and couldn’t get in. They had my landline and also my cell number . I chose the cell number and waited for them to text me. No text came. I tried a couple of times but no text. I had to use my personal key to get in. Has anyone had any difficulty accessing their account?

16 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Yesterday, I signed into Nexus to update my passport info and couldn’t get in. They had my landline and also my cell number . I chose the cell number and waited for them to text me. No text came. I tried a couple of times but no text. I had to use my personal key to get in. Has anyone had any difficulty accessing their account?

I haven’t logged in, lately, but I did have that experience in the past.  For some reason there was a delay in sending the code so I would try again.  When the first code came in I used it but the auto-response said it had expired.  After a couple of times of this, it finally dawned on me that I was nulling the previous code with each successive attempt to get one.  Glad you were finally able to get in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this info. My son's expires in December and mine in February 2024. I'll renew them after our trip in May (we will be travelling again in December). I am guessing his will require an interview since he was 7 or 8 when he got his and he's 13 now. They did do the iris and fingerprint thing then but his picture would be quite different. If they do extend the expiry while it's being processed though that would be nice. I guess I'll be able to get his free again when paying for mine, but will check that out.