Pre Covid-19 Testing on Australian Princess Cruises

So just out of curiosity, has Covid cases been going down in general in Australia and New Zealand (not specifically on cruise ships)?

Not interested in trying to get out of any required tests before/during our cruise in a few weeks, just wondering if cases are going down like here in the US? 

And note, when I say cases going down here I’m actually talking about sewer monitoring because actual cases are not being counted anymore because of all the home tests.

Thanks,

John

14 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

So just out of curiosity, has Covid cases been going down in general in Australia and New Zealand (not specifically on cruise ships)?

Not interested in trying to get out of any required tests before/during our cruise in a few weeks, just wondering if cases are going down like here in the US? 

And note, when I say cases going down here I’m actually talking about sewer monitoring because actual cases are not being counted anymore because of all the home tests.

Thanks,

John

Here is a good summary of COVID statistics for the state of New South Wales. I think other states would be similar. Scroll down to page twelve for sewerage testing info.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/weekly-covid-overview-20230128.pdf

Edited by lyndarra
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

Thanks,

John

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Here is a good summary of COVID statistics for the state of New South Wales. I think other states would be similar. Scroll down to page twelve for sewerage testing info.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/weekly-covid-overview-20230128.pdf

This Victoria's weekly report ending 3rd February - it is not as detailed as the one lyndarra has given the link for but gives a good overview of what is happening here.

https://www.health.vic.gov.au/media-releases/chief-health-officer-update-3-february-2023