Wonder of the seas questions

mommao729

17 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Playmakers wings, nachos, and onion rings were all really good.  Mason Jar had great "hot chicken."  Cajun catfish was a let down.  The deep fried Oreo will have you coming back just for that.  

With the UDP, how's that work best at Playmakers for the two if us?  Never had the UDP nor eaten at Playmakers.  Looking forward to trying many new places and dishes soon! 

I understand that we'll receive a $20/day allotment for Playmakers.  Is that per person or for both of us?  I imagine $40 worth of bar food is quite A LOT...

Thanks.

Edited by LEMJMcC

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

With the UDP, how's that work best at Playmakers for the two if us?  Never had the UDP nor eaten at Playmakers.  Looking forward to trying many new places and dishes soon! 

I understand that we'll receive a $20/day allotment for Playmakers.  Is that per person or for both of us?  I imagine $40 worth of bar food is quite A LOT...

Thanks.

It is $20 per person.

4 hours ago, Teeara said:

If you go to see InTense at the AquaTheater bring earplugs.  Sheesh!  It was LOUD!!!  We could barely hear ourselves talk inside Playmakers once the show started during our dinner.

Although InTense is a good show overall, I agree that the music is the worst of all 5 Oasis class aquatic shows.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just my opinion but shows like Effectors will be the new norm and become more prevalent with each new ship

While Royal has always been a family cruise line they are emphasizing that fact more and more with each new ship and the main shows are now being designed to cater to everyone and not just the adults as a lot of their Broadway shows were.  They want families to be able to attend the shows as a family.  Very hard to design a show that everyone of all ages will love so this is a compromise with different aspects of the show appealing to different ages. 

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Agreed. Plus the fact that Royal have little creative control over the Broadway shows and presumably pay a hefty fee to license them.

Doubtless Nick Weir’s team is under the same pressure to cut costs as every other department and we’ll start to see evidence of that on stage, just like we have in the MDR and housekeeping. Sure, Effectors will have cost a lot to develop but now it’s opened the running costs will be considerably lower.

It's really unfortunate that the cruise line once known for Broadway at sea is now abandoning that direction in favour of home grown shows.  Royal does a good job at producing some unique shows like their ice skating and aqua theatre shows. But if Effectors 2 is part of their new strategy, there won't be be much point in going to the main theatre any longer. This show is no better than a high school musical production, except with high tech drones.