Cost of spa services

wolfcathorse

New to NCL, tried the search function but didn't see my question addressed. I'm on NCL Sky in February and none of the spa services are available for booking. All I want to know is how much is a 50 minute Swedish massage. And in your opinion, is it worth it?

You can't book them until you are on board. The basic 50 min Swedish massage on NCL will run you about $150. It's worth it if you really want one but they are 3×s what my local massage therapist charges, for example. We have some nonrefundable OBC so, for us, massages will be scheduled on our next cruise. After we got lost & wandered around Venice for HOURS on our Jade cruise in 2019, the massage was worth every dollar!

If you go to the spa, they will try VERY hard to sell you on many different add ons and take home products.  On the form you fil out prior to your treatment write the words "NO SALES PLEASE: in large letters at the top so they will not use the high pressure sales tactics on you.

• Like 1

There is a discount on port days, but with the added auto gratuity it is still very expensive. But I also think it is worth it. I do tell my masseuse point blank I won’t be buying up sells, and that helps from ruining the vibe at the end.

7 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

New to NCL, tried the search function but didn't see my question addressed. I'm on NCL Sky in February and none of the spa services are available for booking. All I want to know is how much is a 50 minute Swedish massage. And in your opinion, is it worth it?

image.thumb.png.9b65b2841cb9ebb098586d37742fcb67.png

image.thumb.png.b965133b93f2df5ac278ee2688b179ed.png

I think if you attend the spa tour on the first day, they may offer coupons.  There may also be a raffle (?).  Worth checking out if you think you may want to go.

There’s also the NCL Priority Access pass which gives you a spa discount on port days, but it doesn’t get great reviews.  

The services are expensive, but in line with what you'd pay at a high-end resort spa. We did a couples massage on Sky and it was so good that we booked a second one! And my DH is NOT a spa guy. We did have a $100 from Priority Boarding but honestly, we don't really shop or spend a lot of other $$ on cruises so it was money well spent for us.

2 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

The services are expensive, but in line with what you'd pay at a high-end resort spa. We did a couples massage on Sky and it was so good that we booked a second one! And my DH is NOT a spa guy. We did have a $100 from Priority Boarding but honestly, we don't really shop or spend a lot of other $$ on cruises so it was money well spent for us.

It's been my tradition to have a massage before bedtime on boarding day, to destress from the day of traveling to get to the ship. Husband gave me cash for a Christmas gift and told me to get a massage on the cruise. But he's a Dutchman and very narrow minded on what a massage should cost. I can get 2 massages from my usual masseuse at home vs what I can get on a ship, plus I'd have to kick in another $50 of my own money!

12 hours ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I think if you attend the spa tour on the first day, they may offer coupons.  There may also be a raffle (?).  Worth checking out if you think you may want to go.

No coupons on Encore in November.  They did do raffles, must be present to win.  Even the raffles have become hardly worth while.  One was for actual massage services, others were for things like teeth whitening, accupuncture, something with your feet I think, etc.  And of course you need to listen to each department's spiel prior the them drawing a name.  

We'd actually won decent stuff at the first night raffles in the past.  I think we decided it's not worth going any more.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

It's been my tradition to have a massage before bedtime on boarding day, to destress from the day of traveling to get to the ship. Husband gave me cash for a Christmas gift and told me to get a massage on the cruise. But he's a Dutchman and very narrow minded on what a massage should cost. I can get 2 massages from my usual masseuse at home vs what I can get on a ship, plus I'd have to kick in another $50 of my own money!

Talk to the spa people giving tours on embarkation day. They may have a discount that day. And remember that there is an automatic gratuity added to all services.