A Couple Dining Questions—Getaway

Dorhead1230

I will soon be cruising for the first time since 2019, and I know some procedures have changed. We booked later than we normally would, so I wasn’t able to make reservations 120 days out. On the Getaway:

1. I already have a reservation for one evening at Cagney’s at 8 PM. If I would like to try for an earlier time, where do I do that? If I try to do it on a kiosk, will my existing reservation be cancelled in order to try to secure a different time? Where can I try to change the reservation time in person upon boarding? At Cagney’s, or is there a central location where they do the dining reservations?

2. I know MDR reservations aren’t required, but my son is 4 and I know our sailing will be full, so I’d rather not wait an hour to be seated at Taste or Savor on the nights when we want a MDR dinner. By the time we booked the cruise, only really lousy times were left for MDR reservations. Are these like the SDR in that more times are available once on board? And again, where do I do that—on a kiosk?

Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

I will soon be cruising for the first time since 2019, and I know some procedures have changed. We booked later than we normally would, so I wasn’t able to make reservations 120 days out. On the Getaway:

1. I already have a reservation for one evening at Cagney’s at 8 PM. If I would like to try for an earlier time, where do I do that? If I try to do it on a kiosk, will my existing reservation be cancelled in order to try to secure a different time? Where can I try to change the reservation time in person upon boarding? At Cagney’s, or is there a central location where they do the dining reservations?

2. I know MDR reservations aren’t required, but my son is 4 and I know our sailing will be full, so I’d rather not wait an hour to be seated at Taste or Savor on the nights when we want a MDR dinner. By the time we booked the cruise, only really lousy times were left for MDR reservations. Are these like the SDR in that more times are available once on board? And again, where do I do that—on a kiosk?

Thanks in advance!

(1) You can change dinner reservations at the Restaurant Reservations Desk next tothe Guest Services Desk--Deck 6 in the lobby.

(2) If you go to either Taste or Savior (across the hall from each other) when they open at about 5:30 P.M.-- you should be able to be seated quickly.  You also try the Local (on Deck 7 just above the lobby).  Reservations are not required for  Taste, Savor or The Local.

Enjoy your cruise and time with your family.

Edited by www3traveler
take out a word
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

Thanks in advance!

As soon as you embark, ask the greeter where to go for dining reservations and have an agent help you. make sure to get a paper receipt and review the receipt to make sure the agent booked the way you wanted. 

I was on the very full Getaway in November. People were lining up for dinner at Taste and Savor at least a half hour ahead of opening at 5:30. If you want to get in right away, go early. Same with O'Sheehan's (its not The Local on Getaway) and the chinese joint. There were lines to eat every day. It wasn't a huge problem, just be prepared for it. 

22 hours ago, Uff da said:

I was on the very full Getaway in November. People were lining up for dinner at Taste and Savor at least a half hour ahead of opening at 5:30. If you want to get in right away, go early. Same with O'Sheehan's (its not The Local on Getaway) and the chinese joint. There were lines to eat every day. It wasn't a huge problem, just be prepared for it. 

@Uff da thank you for the info! Even with the little man, we’re not super-early dining people. So, I think what I’ll do is maybe stop at the dining reservations to try to make a few at times we’d like, or otherwise someone will just wait with the buzzer near Taste and Savor while someone else amuses my son elsewhere  🙂

35 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

@Uff da thank you for the info! Even with the little man, we’re not super-early dining people. So, I think what I’ll do is maybe stop at the dining reservations to try to make a few at times we’d like, or otherwise someone will just wait with the buzzer near Taste and Savor while someone else amuses my son elsewhere  🙂

We’re on the Getaway now.  Go straight to Headliners on Deck 6 to make your dining reservations