Laundry Fees? DIY-O-Mats?

EngIceDave

I am but a lowly gold, yet I still desire clean clothes.

Woah is me...

Anyone have a price list menu for onboard laundry? Does it vary ship to ship? The new Excel class has laundo-it-yourself locations, correct? Know the fees for that and is it S&S card attached?

• Like 1

Launderettes: The Mardi Gras does not provide self-service washer and dryers. Across from stateroom 4320 is an ironing room (with 2 ironing boards and irons). Valet Laundry Service is offered through your Stateroom Attendant. 

Launderettes: The Carnival Celebration does not provide self-service washer and dryers. Across from stateroom 4320 is an ironing room (with 2 ironing boards and irons). Valet Laundry Service is offered through your Stateroom Attendant. 

• Like 2

Cool

$15 a bag or 5 for $50

and

Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras do not have washers and dryers but have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service.

Edited by EngIceDave

Or you could wash a few items each night in your sink then hang them to dry on the clothes line in the shower. Before I became Platinum I did this and it’s super easy. You can buy Sink Suds on Amazon for $8.48 which has 8 packets of laundry detergent made for sinks. I would wash several items then hang them up and they’d be dry or almost dry the next morning. It was much easier, cheaper, and more convenient than using the laundry room. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisinqt said:

Or you could wash a few items each night in your sink then hang them to dry on the clothes line in the shower. Before I became Platinum I did this and it’s super easy. You can buy Sink Suds on Amazon for $8.48 which has 8 packets of laundry detergent made for sinks. I would wash several items then hang them up and they’d be dry or almost dry the next morning. It was much easier, cheaper, and more convenient than using the laundry room. 

Or you could get a 3-pk of Tide sink detergent from Bed Bath and Beyond for $1.39(at least in Baton Rouge).  Three 3-pks would be $4.17.  The total would be $3.33 after three 20% off coupons.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiger0613 said:

Or you could get a 3-pk of Tide sink detergent from Bed Bath and Beyond for $1.39(at least in Baton Rouge).  Three 3-pks would be $4.17.  The total would be $3.33 after three 20% off coupons.

That’s good to know for when I travel I’ll check it out. I usually put various sink detergents in my cart on Amazon and wait till they go on sale then stock up. It’s great for when you travel internationally. 

Just now, cruisinqt said:

That’s good to know for when I travel I’ll check it out. I usually put various sink detergents in my cart on Amazon and wait till they go on sale then stock up. It’s great for when you travel internationally. 

There is currently a 40% off subscribe and save coupon on Amazon for the 12ct Sink Suds that comes with 2 sink stoppers.  It is $7.41($12.35 - $4.94).  You can just cancel the subscription after delivery.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Cool

$15 a bag or 5 for $50

and

Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras do not have washers and dryers but have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service.

Seriously?  That sucks!  I much prefer doing the self laundry because the valet service uses hot water and hot dryers.

I've used laundry detergent sheets similar to the ones in this link.  They have been popular in Europe for years.  There are quite a few different brands to choose from now. I don't remember what brand I had before, but they are super lightweight, convenient and easy to use.  Unlike a detergent pods, that you use a full pod no matter what size load.  With these you can rip a small piece of a sheet if you're just washing a pair of socks in the sink or a full sheet for a full load at home.  And no worries about soap leaking in your luggage.

Binbata Laundry Detergent Sheets 64 pcs(Up To 128 Loads) Hypoallergenic Eco-Friendly Unscented Laundry Sheets Biodegradable Plastic Free Liquidless Laundry Sheets Detergent Suitable for Sensitive Skin https://a.co/d/isSgHH0

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers