Upsell

Love dubai

3 hours ago, Love dubai said:

Not cruised for sometime.

Anyone had any recent upsell offers recently?

If so, do you remember any prices to any of best suites?

Do you remember how many weeks before cruise that offers started to arrive?

Thanks

Got one today for a cruise two weeks out. Prices for the best suites were really high IMHO but would rather not share the details.

3 hours ago, dalliowner said:

So you want others to tell you there offers but dont want to share yours ???

I am not the one who requested this information. Perhaps I should have just left it at the time frame of two weeks. IMHO, it is up to each individual to decide if the offer is suitable for them. I'll make my own decisions and don't need details of other's offers. Sorry if I offended you by not providing ours. 🤐

I was offered an upsell on our last cruise this past December.  The prices were astronomical.  (Of course, it was an Antarctica expedition cruise, which is pricey to start.)  The offer came about 2 weeks before the sail date.  I didn't take it, but the very next day, I was given a complimentary 3 category upgrade.  I'm sure they look at club status, and all of that when giving complimentary upgrades.  However, this was the first time I received one.  Boy, would I have felt stupid if I had paid the offered upgrade price.

13 hours ago, jjs217 said:

Boy, would I have felt stupid if I had paid the offered upgrade price.

well you wouldn't have done as if you'd paid the offered upgrade price you'd never have known you were going to get an upgrade for free. 

10 hours ago, rols said:

well you wouldn't have done as if you'd paid the offered upgrade price you'd never have known you were going to get an upgrade for free. 

True.  I was just suggesting to the original poster that they may want to not jump on the upsell offer right away and wait and see what happens.  I know there are a lot of unknowns in the equation of being offered a complimentary upgrade.

5 hours ago, jjs217 said:

True.  I was just suggesting to the original poster that they may want to not jump on the upsell offer right away and wait and see what happens.  I know there are a lot of unknowns in the equation of being offered a complimentary upgrade.

I was hoping for an Owner’s suite or above - I personally have never met or heard of anyone being upgraded from a booked verandah to one of those suites - hence asking about recent upsell to get an idea of what I will need to pay 😀

10 minutes ago, Love dubai said:

I was hoping for an Owner’s suite or above - I personally have never met or heard of anyone being upgraded from a booked verandah to one of those suites - hence asking about recent upsell to get an idea of what I will need to pay 😀

You have heard of one of those lucky people now 😉

Make that two people.

A ‘million years’ ago we were offered an upgrade to Owners Suite on the Pride.

I have never been so seasick and really regretted accepting - the suite was right up the front. Never sailed forward again.

On 1/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, whystayhome said:

Years ago I had booked a veranda guarantee and was upgraded - for free - to an owner's suite.  Have never gotten a complimentary upgrade since.

LINDA

We have a verandah guarantee for our April cruise and will be happy with whatever we are assigned.  The ship has lots of open cabins.  Will be interesting !