The AMEX offer in the UK spend £1000 get £350 back

di T

ok i hopefully did this from the Uk! But I had a cart to the value of £1010 + so should of been simple! But they put my cart into 2 separate transactions!  So will it not qualify for the £350 back!?

This Amex offer

37 minutes ago, di T said:

ok i hopefully did this from the Uk! But I had a cart to the value of £1010 + so should of been simple! But they put my cart into 2 separate transactions!  So will it not qualify for the £350 back!?

This Amex offer

My experience of Amex offers is that they sometimes do qualify on combined spend, even when it says that it has to be one transaction, but it isn’t guaranteed.

I’m assuming that you didn’t get a notification, which would suggest that it may not have worked, but again that doesn’t always mean that it hasn’t qualified.

Id be very interested to see whether it does qualify, as I have some individual items that will total more that £1,000 and would rather do that than pay that amount off my fare, so if it works for you then that would be good news for some of us.

Have sent a screenshot of the transaction that shows the complete payment to Amex as requested so hopefully it should be fine.Was such a good offer I would hate to miss out! Will let you know how I get on.Dianne

I had this last time the offer was on. I wanted to pay the balance of our cruise, which was around £300 at the time, then also purchase some excursions to make it up to £500 (the previous offer was get £100 back on £500 spend).

I phoned up, as thought I'd be able to pay for them together, but the person I spoke to said their systems don't work like that, and excursion payments go through a different system to balance payments. I didn't risk it, as didn't want to miss out (I'm aware some Amex work cumulatively, but didn't want to take the chance on whether this one would or not).

As it happens, our cabin had been moved, which I wasn't happy with at all. They weren't able to move me back, but I did end up upgrading from an inside to a balcony for £200, which meant that my balance left to pay went over £500, so was able to use the offer again (used it 5 times on that cruise in the end, as the offer actually came around twice and we had all different cards at those times).

Fingers crossed it works out for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:11 PM, KeithJenner said:

My experience of Amex offers is that they sometimes do qualify on combined spend, even when it says that it has to be one transaction, but it isn’t guaranteed.

I’m assuming that you didn’t get a notification, which would suggest that it may not have worked, but again that doesn’t always mean that it hasn’t qualified.

Id be very interested to see whether it does qualify, as I have some individual items that will total more that £1,000 and would rather do that than pay that amount off my fare, so if it works for you then that would be good news for some of us.

Well here’s an update, last spoke via chat with Amex and I was told they had manually put the spend through as it showed on the screen shot so I would get the £350 cash back but it may take a wee bit longer to show up on my account. This was a week ago, so I hope it’s going to be on my account soon. We have the offer on my husbands card but will wait until next month and if I get my cash back will book a cruise while on the ship and pay £1000 off it 😉and should get the deal. Would be great!