Arvia / Iona Deck 17

Ljdoc

Does anyone know what is in this blank area on deck 17 behind the sky bar. I have a room booked underneath this area and just wondering what is here and will it cause noise. I have been on Iona and couldn’t think what would be here bar storage for the sky dome but not sure. Does anyone know. 

04D3A00A-E64B-4135-8F84-48BED2E114F2.jpeg

I don't think it's a public area .Comparing it to Iona it's the same void .Looking at deck 17 cabins they look like they come to a dead end and I would guess its storage area of some kind -Just can't visualise how it is 

1 hour ago, binman2 said:

I don't think it's a public area .Comparing it to Iona it's the same void .Looking at deck 17 cabins they look like they come to a dead end and I would guess its storage area of some kind -Just can't visualise how it is 

If it is a storage/back stage area it seems strange to have it on the upper level of the skydome, you would expect this type of area to be on the lower level. 

Maybe Moley can shed some light on it?

I wonder if it's a crew area?  Officer's quarters perhaps? It's not obvious from the external pictures either - there's definitely windows there.

I've found a review of one of the end cabins on deck 17 on FB and they mention there was a crew door opposite their cabin (on Iona), but that they only heard it a couple of times during the week.

I've also checked any reviews for the cabins on Iona on deck 16 directly under that void and they've all said they're really quiet cabins.  One mentioned "no cabins above", but said it was quiet.

• Like 1

It’s a strange one, when I was on Iona I was on deck 16 in cabin 16321 which had a room above on deck 17 but the room next to me and the corridor to the left as you came out of the room would be under this area. We didn’t notice any noise in the corridor now I think of it. 

On Arvia. we are on the other side of the ship under this area. I never thought about checking reviews but there are reviews of Ron’s nearby saying it is quiet so at least that gives peace of mind on that front. 

On looking at some of the higher res photos and the section of photo I took myself in Norway below you can see there is a white panelling but behind this it does look like windows. 

This is the area the funnels would come out of the ship but this runs through the whole ship and doesn’t take up this much room on each floor. 

At least it won’t be noisy but still wonder what it is!!

005A504F-0BBF-4839-A834-E6CD04B32601.jpeg