Independent Tour Recommendations for Fuerte Amador?

FlaMariner

We will be at Fuerte Amador/Panama City in March.

We've done the Canal tours so interested in Panama Viejo (old Panama City) and/or Embera Village.  Or perhaps DIY?

Can anyone pass along recommendations for independent tour operators or how best to go DIY in Panama City?

I just responded in another post about Panama Viejo.  Are you referring to Old Panama (Panama Viejo), which is the is the ruins of the original settlement founded in 1519?  Or are you referring to Casco Viejo also called Casco Antiguo which is where the settlement was relocated after Morgan's visit in 1671?  Both sites are all in what is metropolitan Panama City about 5 miles straight line apart.

It certainly would be possible to arrange something with a taxi where you disembark the ship at Ft. Amador.  I am assuming you are arriving by ship for a day stop.  Can't really help on tour operators.

Go to the HAL board.  There are four people doing live threads from the world cruise.  One of them had a private tour and he did say who the guide was, although he didn’t link it or come here to post as I requested.  It’s not on the thread of Bill & Maryann.  EM

On 1/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, FlaMariner said:

We will be at Fuerte Amador/Panama City in March.

We've done the Canal tours so interested in Panama Viejo (old Panama City) and/or Embera Village.  Or perhaps DIY?

Can anyone pass along recommendations for independent tour operators or how best to go DIY in Panama City?

When I am in Panama for the day in early February I'm touring to the Embera. I am using this group for the tour. Price depends on how many are in the group. This group welcomes you into their home. WONDERFUL.

I used them a few years ago, too. They are very helpful, particularly with those who might be somewhat mobility challenged to get into and out of the motorized canoes. They do take you on a short driving tour of Panama City but no stops. 

http://www.emberavillagetours.com/welcome.htm

• Thanks 1