MDR reservations messed up by Princess

MsSoCalCruiser

24 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Then they do not have a magic button either. Lesson is pretty much if you cannot do it via app then best to try and change on board.

Then, why do they have any employees? I did not ask for a magic button. I asked for them to do their job and I don’t think their job is screwing up everything.  I wish you could see what she did because it is so messed up.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If I remember correctly you had your reservations messed up on the inaugural cruise, didn’t you?

Yes, on Discovery’s inaugural cruise & the diningroom staff assured me that the 2nd cruise would be as reserved…NOT! 🙄

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

Yes, on Discovery’s inaugural cruise & the diningroom staff assured me that the 2nd cruise would be as reserved…NOT! 🙄

I would have been so upset.  Our reservations went smoothly for that B2B and I remember you sharing the problems that you were having.

I also had a problem with the Medallion Navigator App while making dining reservations. When I elected to “make reservations for the same time every day” option, it overrode my dining reservations of my specialty dining reservations which I had previously made (and paid for!).  I had to call Princess because I had made them prior to the price increase and they were nice enough to give me a OBC for the price difference.  The Princess Representative told me they cannot override the MDR Medallion App so if you need changes it’s best that you do it yourself.  She also told me I would have to manually re-book the Specialty Restaurants and that it’s probably best to book your MDR reservations day by day instead of using that feature which books for the entire cruise.  Any to you former posters you’re right, it takes a minute to find the time slots.  Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Ginster1 said:

I also had a problem with the Medallion Navigator App while making dining reservations. When I elected to “make reservations for the same time every day” option, it overrode my dining reservations of my specialty dining reservations which I had previously made (and paid for!).  I had to call Princess because I had made them prior to the price increase and they were nice enough to give me a OBC for the price difference.  The Princess Representative told me they cannot override the MDR Medallion App so if you need changes it’s best that you do it yourself.  She also told me I would have to manually re-book the Specialty Restaurants and that it’s probably best to book your MDR reservations day by day instead of using that feature which books for the entire cruise.  Any to you former posters you’re right, it takes a minute to find the time slots.  Hope this helps.

Thank you.  Most of the days are totally messed up but now two of the days don’t even have a reservation. I tried to add a reservation and it will not let me. I cannot believe how messed up this really is.  I have had the reservations for months and the Princess employee totally wiped everything out.  

I also booked specialty dining for the first night and thankfully that still seems to be OK. Were you able to correct your problem?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

54 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  Most of the days are totally messed up but now two of the days don’t even have a reservation. I tried to add a reservation and it will not let me. I cannot believe how messed up this really is.  I have had the reservations for months and the Princess employee totally wiped everything out.  

I also booked specialty dining for the first night and thankfully that still seems to be OK. Were you able to correct your problem?

OMG it sounds like you got a very inexperienced Rep.!  I don’t think Princess is spending a lot of time training their reps. On dining because they are limited on what they can do.  
Yes, Princess gave me OBC for the price difference-They had wiped out my Specialty reservations under the old pricing of $29, now $39, and I made all new reservations myself using the App.  But I believe they still keep tables open for cruisers on Embarkation day so if you go to the restaurant (s) first thing you can probably get a reservation.  Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

On all 3 of my cruises the DMW reservations have been changed to undesirable times when boarding…no human intervention but a poorly designed app. Hopefully for you, it will work out better for your group than it has for us. 🤞

On our Christmas cruise I had made reservations for every evening at 6:20 - this was done several months out.  A week or so before the cruise I saw they had changed us to a 7pm time every night and I was able to go back and change them all to 6:30.  Two days before the cruise they changed them all back to 7pm - I gave up 🙂

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Then, why do they have any employees? I did not ask for a magic button. I asked for them to do their job and I don’t think their job is screwing up everything.  I wish you could see what she did because it is so messed up.

You asked them to do something that would require them to override the system, thus the comment magic button, since all of the early reservations were gone, otherwise you could have done it yourself. Their mistake was trying to do something that they could not do  They tried when they should have said that to do what you wanted they would have to cancel the existing reservations and make new ones if  the openings existed. And that otherwise it would have to be fixed on the ship.

Their mistake was instead of telling you that they tried to do it and failed.

Just now, ldtr said:

You asked them to do something that would require them to override the system, thus the comment magic button, since all of the early reservations were gone, otherwise you could have done it yourself. Their mistake was trying to do something that they could not do  They tried when they should have said that to do what you wanted they would have to cancel the existing reservations and make new ones if  the openings existed. And that otherwise it would have to be fixed on the ship.

Their mistake was instead of telling you that they tried to do it and failed.

I asked her not to make any changes, and I asked for a supervisor.

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I asked her not to make any changes, and I asked for a supervisor.

So when you called you immediately asked for a supervisor. Or did you explain what you wanted and then ask for a supervisor when it appeared that they were having difficulties.

21 minutes ago, ldtr said:

So when you called you immediately asked for a supervisor. Or did you explain what you wanted and then ask for a supervisor when it appeared that they were having difficulties.

I called and the employee was having difficulties and could not figure out how to make the change. After close to an hour, I asked for a supervisor.  After a long hold we were disconnected. I did not receive a call back.  I wrote all of this in earlier posts (post #1).

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

18 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I called and the employee was having difficulties and could not figure out how to make the change. After close to an hour, I asked for a supervisor.  After a long hold we were disconnected. I did not receive a call back.  I wrote all of this in earlier posts (post #1).

that is exactly my point when you stated that you did not ask them to change anything. you only asked for the supervisor after they had been trying to do what you wanted for an hour.

23 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Warning… I need to vent.  A few months ago I called and booked the MDR and time that we wanted at a private table for five.  Today someone decided to join us on the cruise, so I called to add a sixth person to our dining reservations. The Princess person that was trying to help me could not figure out how to do it without changing our dining time for two hours later. I told her no and I did not want to do that and asked for a supervisor.  While waiting, after close to one hour, we were disconnected. I was not called back. I just checked and our dining reservations are a total mess. Not everyone is included, reservations are at different times, different dining rooms, double bookings, with shared tables.  What are the chances that I can get this corrected? Have you had this problem?  I am not happy.

You did not need to do anything.  Surely you will be aware that there are no tables for five on Princess.  Your party of five would have had to been placed at a 6-top and therefore NP at all to included a 6th person.

ETA:  I see now you are aware of the above note after reading entire thread.  I'd also mention that when a reservation is deleted, in theory that slot should be open and not all that likely someone else grabs it first.  I am not sure how quickly it opens.  I recall back when I was playing around with DMW in earlier days, make a change from say 6pm to 7pm and then do a re-book for 6pm.  Wipe all days out and start over.  I seem to recall the slot wasn't always open after cancelling out right away.  Anyway, cancelling out and re-booking ought to have worked IMO, but IDK what the DMW situation is these days and why that wouldn't work.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You did not need to do anything.  Surely you will be aware that there are no tables for five on Princess.  Your party of five would have had to been placed at a 6-top and therefore NP at all to included a 6th person.

ETA:  I see now you are aware of the above note after reading entire thread.  I'd also mention that when a reservation is deleted, in theory that slot should be open and not all that likely someone else grabs it first.  I am not sure how quickly it opens.  I recall back when I was playing around with DMW in earlier days, make a change from say 6pm to 7pm and then do a re-book for 6pm.  Wipe all days out and start over.  I seem to recall the slot wasn't always open after cancelling out right away.  Anyway, cancelling out and re-booking ought to have worked IMO, but IDK what the DMW situation is these days and why that wouldn't work.

Usually I am at a table for two and I have no idea how many people the tables hold. The round tables hold six?  

Did you happen to take a screen shot of the top table from your app?  Did you also note when you talked to Princess reps and what happened?  I would not stress now and when you get on the ship go talk to a head waiter to matre' d and tell them what happened.  They will take care of it for you once on board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheeseclan said:

Did you happen to take a screen shot of the top table from your app?  Did you also note when you talked to Princess reps and what happened?  I would not stress now and when you get on the ship go talk to a head waiter to matre' d and tell them what happened.  They will take care of it for you once on board.

I did take screenshots before I called. There have been people on the boards that have had their reservations messed up and they did not correct the problem on the ship so I am not too sure that will happen but we will find out.  

55 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I did take screenshots before I called. There have been people on the boards that have had their reservations messed up and they did not correct the problem on the ship so I am not too sure that will happen but we will find out.  

I would just be persistent but pleasant..  I have always been able to get things fixed in the past....  good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 4:27 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to point out...you could have totally left your reservation alone.  With a table for 5 (unless they gave you a round table) you would probably have one empty seat at two four-top tables pulled together.  That sixth person could have just walked up and joined you at your existing table.  They would have gladly accommodated an extra person in that scenario.

they kept seating the 3 of us at a table for 8.... MDR was full... We had a reservation for 6:15.

I am sure 5 pm isn't ALL taken at all. They don't reserve a particular table for you on all days. You just show up at your time and they place you where they have availability.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy