buy upgrade????

fb0075

If there are cabins available, you can ask your TA to find out how much the cost would be to upgrade the cabin.  We recently did this for an upcoming cruise.  It was slightly less than the current price difference shown on the website, and if you do not take the pre-cruise hotel you receive a discount for that.  Additionally, any purchased excursions will be repriced based upon the PH discount, so you might get a little bit back on your ob credit.

We had several offers of upsell during the 2020-2021 season when the ships were mostly empty.  I always would hear about them through my TA.  I would definitely check with your TA to tell them you are interested in the higher suite.  Your amenities from Concierge F to Penthouse C will be the same except for having a butler and more real estate.

We had one upgrade offer from Regent. It was on our first cruise. The offer was made on Mariner, and came after we were already in the hotel that we had to pay for ourselves. The transfers, hotel room and breakfast were no longer in play. And they couldn't tell us what cabin we would have until we boarded. There was no additional charge, and if I remember correctly it was only a slightly bigger cabin (penthouse vs deluxe veranda on Mariner) so we declined. On our next 5 cruises on Regent, we've always booked at concierge or penthouse, and have never been offered an upgrade at all. We have 2 more cruises booked, one concierge and one penthouse, both on Navigator, which has mostly small cabins. I'm sure we won't be offered an upgrade.

We had trouble on our last cruise on Splendor getting them to acknowledge that we reached gold status. The TV in our room showed it. But we had to log into Regent on our phone, and show it to them at the desk, and then they had to check with a higher authority before they agreed. We got our 100 dollar cruise credit the day before we disembarked, but managed to spend it.

• Haha 1