Live from World Europa

little britain

Hi,

A couple of questions -

1. Do you provide COVID vaccination data when you board? There does not seem to be any way to provide it beforehand.

2. Our YC tickets give a check in time of 0900-1000, but we plan to check in at around 1600 so we can do things in Dubai in the morning. I assume this is not a problem in YC, it also says that embarkation closes two hours before departure which would be 2100.

Thanks

Disappointing night. We had dinner booked at BC and found they had allocated us a table out in the corridor … on other ships the outside tables are at least along the balustrade so you can look over etc, but on this ship they are right outside the restaurant so you look like some poor relation not allowed through the door. Not happy. Went to YC instead.

Our butler has rebooked us in a few night’s time. 

1 hour ago, alistairg said:

Hi,

A couple of questions -

1. Do you provide COVID vaccination data when you board? There does not seem to be any way to provide it beforehand.

2. Our YC tickets give a check in time of 0900-1000, but we plan to check in at around 1600 so we can do things in Dubai in the morning. I assume this is not a problem in YC, it also says that embarkation closes two hours before departure which would be 2100.

Thanks

Yes they just asked how many jabs you had had; and were not very interested in checking our paperwork! 

Checkin time not an issue but muster had to be done by 5 if you were onboard.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, little britain said:

Disappointing night. We had dinner booked at BC and found they had allocated us a table out in the corridor … on other ships the outside tables are at least along the balustrade so you can look over etc, but on this ship they are right outside the restaurant so you look like some poor relation not allowed through the door. Not happy. Went to YC instead.

Our butler has rebooked us in a few night’s time. 

Enjoying your review so  far.

I hate those Butchers cut tables on the outside, too many people walking through trying to have a gander at what you are eating !! 😆 🤣.  

We leave on Thursday for  our first YC experience on Grandiosa 😎.  

Wonderful review dear Little Britain! Have a wonderful cruise!...

If it is not to ask too much: Can you know if "Coffee Emporium" or "Raj Polo Tea House" are, at least partially included in any of the drinks packages please? And can you provide their menus please? I'm mostly interesting on what can we have as a before dinner drink on Raj Polo as far as we listen to he nice piano music?

Have a nice day!...

13 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

If it is not to ask too much: Can you know if "Coffee Emporium" or "Raj Polo Tea House" are, at least partially included in any of the drinks packages please? And can you provide their menus please? I'm mostly interesting on what can we have as a before dinner drink on Raj Polo as far as we listen to he nice piano music?

Have a nice day!...

Teas are included but not the afternoon tea 🫖 package. 

Don’t miss the cute little corridor between the Gin project and the Polo house full of informative info on the tea trade 

httpslogin.mscwifi.commealspdfQR_BX_RAJ-POLO-TEA-HOUSE-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1674557010.pdf.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Have a nice day!...

Coffee emporium included apart from one blend 

9FAAF68D-C2B8-4774-87FC-2382F4F06020.jpeg

• Thanks 2

The buffet is spread over 2 decks with a glass walkway between the two sides - it also has some outside seating which is nice. 

I’d be wary of booking the cabins overlooking the promenade as the promenade is not fully open to the sky so some would be permanently in the shade and rather gloomy imho 

68768034-B432-4107-B131-ABB1F2CF1F29.jpeg

F1AB4557-32CB-44D1-B01C-50F2E2E65625.jpeg

5E943384-8DCF-41E1-AD52-FB67F116B17E.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

La Pescaderia - with a little to go place too

BDF669F3-14B5-4E4D-AA46-766BAFBA10E7.jpeg

9CFB363F-503B-4E6B-8A1D-896CE7D818CF.jpeg

E24C5896-2629-4237-B4A4-50A3E222D87E.jpeg

Many thanks to the wonderful information Little Britain! It seems that the tea place will be among my favorite venues if I go on the ship!...

And this "La Pescaderia" specialty restaurant concept is perhaps the most appealing on me. Realistically: Pan-Asian doesn't interest me. The Garden Kitchen or such, too expensive and not appealing as well, and I have tons of great steakhouses at walk distance from where I live. So now a place for fresh fish made to order is rare to find. Hope that the actual venue is really up to par with what's is expected!...

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 8:00 AM, little britain said:

B46DD70D-F6D7-4775-9600-4563EE45C4E5.jpeg

1BED5FBF-958B-466D-9147-D0C29214A95C.jpeg

I really love their entertainment and class offerings.  We’re sailing on this ship in the Med in July. Not sailing YC this time but we did get an Aurea suite. The ship looks elegant and sleek. Very modern contemporary. 

On 1/22/2023 at 4:27 AM, kernow said:

That gin menu looks great, I wouldn't know which to choose first.

Looking at your balcony pic I don't think it's much different than the ones on Virtuosa.

I think I may need to upgrade my drink package so I can try those gin concoctions. 

14 hours ago, little britain said:

Teas are included but not the afternoon tea 🫖 package. 

Don’t miss the cute little corridor between the Gin project and the Polo house full of informative info on the tea trade 

httpslogin.mscwifi.commealspdfQR_BX_RAJ-POLO-TEA-HOUSE-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1674557010.pdf.pdf 2.04 MB · 15 downloads

What a great menu! And a nice selection of teas. I look forward to trying it. 

• Like 1

Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 day! 
Big bucket list country for me! 
Early arrival - off the ship by 7am to be greeted by smiling faces all welcoming us to Saudi. First surprise was there were ladies working alongside the men at immigration- some without their face covered. Saudi is getting modern!

I thought as a rich country it would be all manicured pavements and flowerbeds like Dubai, but it was rather dirty, a lot of rubbish and bits of tyre 🛞 all along the roadside. 
We had booked the Al Ahsa oasis trip. A 2hr drive to first stop at a souk. Again overwhelmed by the welcome and friendliness of people: shouting “ welcome to Saudi” out of their car windows and taking many photos of us foreigners! 

We had a fabulous lunch and then were driven to the impressive Qarah hill caves. 
A long 2.5 hr drive back. But what a day.

You had to have a visa- could be purchased  online for $22 and the ship printed it out for you. 
We got passport stamped in and out. 

1762C598-2348-46C5-827D-5F9A436024F4.jpeg

F84A4EBB-834C-405F-B9C8-4128B5D227C4.jpeg

E3DCED29-90B6-4C7D-ACF3-4F55D47EF6C4.jpeg

725F3EFA-20D0-46F4-9E18-D061C3F8AA6E.jpeg

EC7B438C-9349-49AF-A1CB-AEB9E5E64F89.jpeg

6F12962C-0858-4BCB-8973-CAB9C7CE1604.jpeg

• Like 4