POA - distilled water and dinner reservations

georgiacat

We are new to NCL and will be sailing on the POA.  How can we order distilled water for the CPAP machine?  Also how do we make dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants?

We are thinking of taking the bus transfer to airport with stop at Pearl Harbor at the end of the cruise.  Does anyone have any personal recommendations about this tour?

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

For the distilled water, go to the special needs form https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising and request it.

With regards to reservations, please keep in mind that POA has been having staffing issues and not all restaurants are open. It's possible you won't be able to make reservations until onboard.

On the special needs form, I do not see where there is a place to request the distilled water.  I see a box to check if you are bring water. 

Please help!

Thanks!

7 hours ago, LloydJr said:

Wouldn't the NCL shorex already include those?

Not for the USS Arizona tickets. We are on the NCL cruisetour right now and went to Pearl Harbor yesterday. NCL provides entrance ticket to general admission areas but they can't get USS Arizona tickets. It's explained in their excursion page. Also see the National Park Service page with all the info on getting your own tickets. We did that for our tour yesterday in advance. Very easy.

5 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Not for the USS Arizona tickets. We are on the NCL cruisetour right now and went to Pearl Harbor yesterday. NCL provides entrance ticket to general admission areas but they can't get USS Arizona tickets. It's explained in their excursion page. Also see the National Park Service page with all the info on getting your own tickets. We did that for our tour yesterday in advance. Very easy.

Thanks for clarifying.  I've only been to Pearl Harbor once, and we just got lucky (no reservations but saw everything we wanted).  NCL blessed us with a late night air reservation (first and last time leaving it up to NCL) so we had an entire Saturday to kill.  That was back when you could check your bags with your airline whenever, so we dropped the bags at the airport and grabbed a cab to Pearl Harbor.  I can't even remember how we got back to the airport.  Might have been a bus.  😆

8 hours ago, georgiacat said:

We are new to NCL and will be sailing on the POA.  How can we order distilled water for the CPAP machine?  Also how do we make dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants?

We are thinking of taking the bus transfer to airport with stop at Pearl Harbor at the end of the cruise.  Does anyone have any personal recommendations about this tour?

Thank you for your help.

we were on the dawn 2 weeks ago and all you have to do is ask your room steward to get you a bottle of distill water. you will have it in your room the same night. and, it is also free.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alrose251 said:

On the special needs form, I do not see where there is a place to request the distilled water.  I see a box to check if you are bring water. Please help! Thanks!

Just ask your room steward on embarkation day. Call housekeeping from your stateroom phone. 

Also, remember to bring your own extension cords. We carry a 12' and 6' light weight cord for our CPAPs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, linbobky said:

we were on the dawn 2 weeks ago and all you have to do is ask your room steward to get you a bottle of distill water. you will have it in your room the same night. and, it is also free.

This is correct.  I do fill out the Special Needs form, listed above, and just state that I will need distilled water provided.  Finding a supermarket in an unfamiliar city, then schlepping it through security would be a big hassle.  Plus, I had difficulty finding it in parts of Europe on a recent land-based vacation.  I tried supermarkets in Prague to no avail.  A friend did find it in Berlin with some effort (it was called distillated water.)  The locals I spoke with tend to use regular tap water and just clean the residue. 

The bottle usually isn't there when you first enter the room but your steward will know if it's on your needs list so a quick discussion with him will resolve the issue.  It's a freebie, though with all the revenue enhancers out there I won't be surprised if they charge someday.  

One clarification on the extension cord:  DO NOT bring a surge protector.  Counterintuitively, they're hazardous (and thus not permitted) onboard.  Just bring a cheap, old school extension cord; 6 feet does the trick in balcony/club balcony and below.  I've never stayed in the larger Haven cabins so not sure there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Paula_MacFan,

Did you enjoy the NCL excursion to Pearl Harbor?  I assume you got your own tickets to the USS Arizona.  Was there enough time to see everything you wanted?  What about luggage, hand-helds; I understand that Pearl Harbor does not allow bags.  Did the bus hold them?  Did you feel secure with what NCL provided?  Timetable:  I suppose you went to a hotel.  We will be catching a flight from the airport about 4:30 pm.  Is that enough time to do this excursion and get to the airport with enough time to check in for our flight?  thanks

I filled in the Special Needs form requesting Distilled water.  Thank you for that information.  If not in the cabin, we will request from cabin steward.  We are aware of extension cords; got those.

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just ask your room steward on embarkation day. Call housekeeping from your stateroom phone. 

Also, remember to bring your own extension cords. We carry a 12' and 6' light weight cord for our CPAPs. 

Thanks, I will do so.  We do have a 10' extension card ready!

On 1/21/2023 at 12:38 PM, alrose251 said:

On the special needs form, I do not see where there is a place to request the distilled water.  I see a box to check if you are bring water. 

Please help!

Thanks!

When you read further down on the form you find the place to either just check mark distilled water or place to write it in

On 1/22/2023 at 4:59 AM, georgiacat said:

Paula_MacFan,

Did you enjoy the NCL excursion to Pearl Harbor?  I assume you got your own tickets to the USS Arizona.  Was there enough time to see everything you wanted?  What about luggage, hand-helds; I understand that Pearl Harbor does not allow bags.  Did the bus hold them?  Did you feel secure with what NCL provided?  Timetable:  I suppose you went to a hotel.  We will be catching a flight from the airport about 4:30 pm.  Is that enough time to do this excursion and get to the airport with enough time to check in for our flight?  thanks

I filled in the Special Needs form requesting Distilled water.  Thank you for that information.  If not in the cabin, we will request from cabin steward.  We are aware of extension cords; got those.

I think you misunderstood my post. We were on the 3 day pre-cruise land tour, not the post-cruise airport transfer. Hence luggage was not an issue nor were hotels involved other than our cruisetour. We had plenty of time to see everything, essentially spending the whole day at Pearl Harbor.

Sorry, Paula_MacFan, I did misunderstand you. 

I am thinking of the departure excursion that NCL provides with a tour of Pearl Harbor on the way to the airport.  I have not booked air yet, but I am looking at 4:30 pm departure on day that cruise ends.  How busy is the airport at that time for any of you who have flown from Honolulu after the cruise.  How much time ahead of flight should we get to airport, considering no fast track through TSA.