Drink Packages

noelea626

My family and I will be on the CARNIVAL VENEZIA 4/5/24-4/15/24. Just a question on drink packages. I really don't want to spend a ton of money on the packages that includes alcohol beverages. Would it be more economical just to order the soda package and then just pay for the coffee, tea, and whatever mixed drinks we want out of an onboard account with money that we add in there? Just want feedback since this will be our 1st ever cruise.

Thanks

There’s a drink calculator that I’m sure someone will post to figure out if the Cheers package would pay for itself. If you don’t drink much I would skip it. Bottomless Bubbles covers only soda and some juices. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, KattyPoo said:

Can you cancel your drink package (Bottomless Bubbles) before you sail and get your money back?  We bought it for both of us and don't believe we will need it for both.

Yes, you can cancel anything pre-purchased before sailing.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:22 PM, noelea626 said:

My family and I will be on the CARNIVAL VENEZIA 4/5/24-4/15/24. Just a question on drink packages. I really don't want to spend a ton of money on the packages that includes alcohol beverages. Would it be more economical just to order the soda package and then just pay for the coffee, tea, and whatever mixed drinks we want out of an onboard account with money that we add in there? Just want feedback since this will be our 1st ever cruise.

Thanks

Regular coffee and tea are available at no extra charge. You do have to pay for specialty coffee (cappuccino, lattes, etc.). Here's a link to the drink package calculator https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/. Input what you are likely to drink and it will show you whether it's economical or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KattyPoo said:

Can you cancel your drink package (Bottomless Bubbles) before you sail and get your money back?  We bought it for both of us and don't believe we will need it for both.

Keep in mind that if you are in the same cabin, you will not be able to cancel just one drink package. It's both or nothing. 

3 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Keep in mind that if you are in the same cabin, you will not be able to cancel just one drink package. It's both or nothing. 

Not true for Bubbles, they don't force everybody in the cabin to buy Bubbles.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

It's my understanding that for Bottomless Bubbles that doesn't apply, it only applies to Cheers.

• Like 1

Dont forget you can bring your own soda also (each person can bring up to 12 cans onboard) or order it ahead from CCL to have in cabin waiting when you board.  As well as bringing a bottle of wine for each person 21 and over with you. 

You can also order liquor (limit 2 bottles) for your cabin and mix your own if you want to.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1city@atime said:

Cheers package includes specialty coffees, milk shakes, energy drinks, bottled water, soda, and alcohol. That is why we get it. We order all those things throughout the day. You are paying up front for more than alcohol.

It takes a lot of coffee and milk shakes to make Cheers worth it though. It's really an alcohol package.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 7:16 AM, sparks1093 said:

Regular coffee and tea are available at no extra charge. You do have to pay for specialty coffee (cappuccino, lattes, etc.). Here's a link to the drink package calculator https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/. Input what you are likely to drink and it will show you whether it's economical or not. 

Thank you for this information. I am so glad that the coffee and tea are no extra charge. I think my family and I are going to stick to the bubbles package for soda etc. much more economical.

• Like 1

You can pay out of pocket for anything you want. One thing to think about is do you want to be like this while on vacation:

"This looks very good. But I already had 3 drinks today and if I had a 4th, I should have just got the Cheers package. I guess I won't have it then."

The last thing I want to do while on vacation is thinking like that. For a 1-week cruise, $1,000 is a lot of money. But to not have to think about money at all and just enjoy makes all the difference in the world. But only you can decide that on your own.

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You can pay out of pocket for anything you want. One thing to think about is do you want to be like this while on vacation:

"This looks very good. But I already had 3 drinks today and if I had a 4th, I should have just got the Cheers package. I guess I won't have it then."

The last thing I want to do while on vacation is thinking like that. For a 1-week cruise, $1,000 is a lot of money. But to not have to think about money at all and just enjoy makes all the difference in the world. But only you can decide that on your own.

Personally I'd have the 4th while resolving to get Cheers next time round.