Norwegian Bliss 2025

Cruisersjh

Recently booked a cruise on the Bliss for January 2025. Cruises for that ship now no longer open for bookings for January, but open for February and December 2024. This makes me nervous that maybe my cruise will be cancelled…..anyone know why bookings are no longer open for that month?

3 hours ago, Cruisersjh said:

Recently booked a cruise on the Bliss for January 2025. Cruises for that ship now no longer open for bookings for January, but open for February and December 2024. This makes me nervous that maybe my cruise will be cancelled…..anyone know why bookings are no longer open for that month?

Lots of reasons to take inventory off sale....

Think positive thoughts until you get that "Important Information" email from NCL. 

9 hours ago, MtnGolf4 said:

Right. Shouldn't even schedule the cruise.

NCL knows approx. when the ship is due for a statutory dry-dock but exactly when it can be done is not known until they can book the facility to do the work.  They're not going hold off on releasing the deployment schedule and starting to book cruises for a huge chunk of time because they don't yet know that info.

9 hours ago, MtnGolf4 said:

You would think they would add a replacement ship.

Which would cause the people that have booked that ship to be upset because their cruise was cancelled to re-deploy the ship to your itinerary.

• 4 weeks later...

Contacted NCL today. I was advised that the ship will be rescheduled, that’s why the transatlantic cruise is no longer listed - nor the cruise after the one I booked.

They have no idea what the replacement schedule will be, but was advised that I could cancel at any time….not a happy camper, think we’ll just fly to a resort instead of taking a cruise. Not at all interested in the Caribbean cruises….

On 1/22/2023 at 8:06 AM, hallux said:

NCL knows approx. when the ship is due for a statutory dry-dock but exactly when it can be done is not known until they can book the facility to do the work.  They're not going hold off on releasing the deployment schedule and starting to book cruises for a huge chunk of time because they don't yet know that info.

You are right, NCL isn't going to hold off on releasing the deployment schedule because NCL, as a corporate culture, doesn't give a damn about the passengers.  Its why they don't communicate, it's why they decide to sell cruises even though they know approximately when they need to do a dry dock. 

They apparently knew enough when OP wrote this to stop selling new cruises in Jan 2025.  Why jerk the passengers around and not tell them right away what's going on?  Answer is because they really don't give a damn.

Edited by PATRLR