Sailaway Room Party Symphony of the Seas

We are planning a family cruise on the Symphony of the Seas for 2024. At the moment we have 4 suites reserved which are next to each other. Our plan is to open up all the balconies for easy access. We are talking about one Owner Suite, one two-bedroom Grand Suite, and two Junior Suites. Presuming everyone has the drink package, I was wondering if anyone on the boards has done something like this and what options are available? I'm assuming contacting the concierge would be the first step which would take care of the snacks/appetizers, but can a bartender and bar be set up be made in one of the rooms? Sorting out what options are there and drawing on the experiences of various cruise critic travelers who have done something similar in the past. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS

18 minutes ago, cruisinelmo said:

We are planning a family cruise on the Symphony of the Seas for 2024. At the moment we have 4 suites reserved which are next to each other. Our plan is to open up all the balconies for easy access. We are talking about one Owner Suite, one two-bedroom Grand Suite, and two Junior Suites. Presuming everyone has the drink package, I was wondering if anyone on the boards has done something like this and what options are available? I'm assuming contacting the concierge would be the first step which would take care of the snacks/appetizers, but can a bartender and bar be set up be made in one of the rooms? Sorting out what options are there and drawing on the experiences of various cruise critic travelers who have done something similar in the past. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Yes it can be done however there will be a fee for it regardless of having the drinks package.

You can have a sail away party. Concierge can also help you with that. You can hire a bartender, have food and even and entertainer. It’s all handle through food and beverage and there would be a fee. Think catering package or so.  

16 minutes ago, cruisinelmo said:

I think when you are talking about serving drinks in the room, that is going to fall under catering and setting up a bar/having it staffed.  That won't land under your drink package.  Same for food. Also, while the dividers usually can be opened, they don't open the space totally--it's more of a passageway. So it doesn't make for one massive deck area, but is still convenient.  

Yes we did exactly what you are asking on Allure in our OS for 15 people.  I emailed the concierge a few months in and advance and he put me in touch with the catering manager.  They sent me a menu of services and costs.  I recall minimum purchase was 20 people so we paid for more than our 15.  We did the mid-range food buffet and bar setup.  We had two bartenders for 3 or 4 hours.  They left us with the leftover food and some cans/bottles from the bar setup.  I recall we paid about $2000.  Those cabin setups should be great for what you want to do.  We only had our OS and it worked fine for 15.   

4 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

About $3000 -$5000 for 2-3 hours

$5k would be a little high unless you pick the top shelf bar setup and the top tier food buffet.  We did mid-range for both and it was around $2k, but that was in 2015 so prices have probably gone up.  BTW: DBP won't work for the in cabin setup.