Escape at Taino Bay today

egurbi

We made it into Taino Bay on the Escape today.  As far as I know, this is the first time Escape has ported here since last year’s accident.  

we just released lines about 1 hour 45 minutes after scheduled sail time.  

Taino Bay has come a long way since last year.  Nice pool small beach area plenty of shopping  and restaurants (and more under construction). 

• Like 3

It still says 2022 on the signs.  The whole main area is done.  They are adding a separate shopping hall and they still need to finish work on the pedestrian exit. For those interested, monkey island is up and running. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, egurbi said:

We made it into Taino Bay on the Escape today.  As far as I know, this is the first time Escape has ported here since last year’s accident. we just released lines about 1 hour 45 minutes after scheduled sail time. Taino Bay has come a long way since last year.  Nice pool small beach area plenty of shopping  and restaurants (and more under construction). 

Great News!

Hopefully we'll be there soon on the Encore (which called there last week). 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, Ssheppardva said:

How close is this beach to the wharf?

If the ship actually docks at Taino Beach (and you walk through the welcome center to where the sandy area starts) it is about 1/2 - 3/4 mile, or so.  You need to go through the shop on the left to get to that area.

Was aboard the Escape last week and it docked at Taino Bay.  Ship docks on the pier so it's about a 10 minute walk to the pool area.  I didn't notice any construction so I infer that it is completed.  Lazy river and pool are there and I think (?) were free to use, plus the run-of-the-mill shops and bars that you would see in any port tourist trap.  I can't speak to their enjoyability because we got out of there and walked around town instead. I did use the restroom and it seemed to be clean and in good working order.  Towels are distributed just outside the ship.

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ssheppardva said:

How close is this beach to the wharf?

There is a sandy part built as part of the port shopping area. There is also a lazy river. All for fee. 

The beach that they push is about an hour’s drive at least 30 of that over bumpy, unpacked dirt roads. They warn you ahead of time and strap you to the truck so you don’t bounce out. 

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The beach that they push is about an hour’s drive at least 30 of that over bumpy, unpacked dirt roads. They warn you ahead of time and strap you to the truck so you don’t bounce out.

If it's the one I went to in the 6-wheel military truck - the bumpiness is not understated here.  20,000 steps logged on my watch!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ssheppardva said:

Yikes, thanks for your replies! SS

Not all excursions going there use those vehicles, some might ride slightly better.  My excursion in that vehicle went to Coconut Cove..

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is a sandy part built as part of the port shopping area. There is also a lazy river. All for fee. 

The lazy river is free ? or for a "fee" ? 

Thank you in advance,

12 hours ago, hallux said:

Not all excursions going there use those vehicles, some might ride slightly better.  My excursion in that vehicle went to Coconut Cove..

Yeah. But they have their Coconut Cove all inclusive beach day, ATV off roaring, and zip lining all from that one entertainment area. 

It’s not bad. But there have been hateful posts on CC about the dirt road ride… even though they warn you about it. 

We have gone there twice. Last year and last month. We had a great time.