Platinum dinner vouchers question.

ChiefMateJRK

First, even with two Platinum in one room, you will only receive two x two meal vouchers,  Same as you would receive with one Platinum in the room.

I believe you can have whomever you want as the second on the meal...... but not 100% sure. I don't remember them even asking for key cards from our seconds.... only the person with the voucher.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Two platinum in one room. Two vouchers. Can one platinum person share a dinner for two with somebody else not in that room?  Thanks.

You get two vouchers (one with wine, one without) per cabin. Not per platinum guest. 

So, you can take someone other than your cabinmate if you want. But it still only two dinners for two. 

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You get two vouchers (one with wine, one without) per cabin. Not per platinum guest. 

So, you can take someone other than your cabinmate if you want. But it still only two dinners for two. 

Did I suggest that there were more than two?

52 minutes ago, redlock said:

You can also gift the second voucher to another couple as long as they are dining with you.

Our friends dined with us in Los Lobos on the Dawn last month, using our second voucher.

We shared the wine.

The terms and conditions don't mention anything about gifting the second voucher. But it does state that you cannot use both vouchers in the same place. How was it you managed to use both vouchers for the same place? Will be on Getaway in February with friends, and we would be interested in dining with them at a specialty restaurant without anyone having to pay. 

3 hours ago, redlock said:

You can also gift the second voucher to another couple as long as they are dining with you.

Our friends dined with us in Los Lobos on the Dawn last month, using our second voucher.

We shared the wine.

Yeah... this is technically against the policy... probably for this reason. But it is good that you got to use the vouchers. 

2 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

If I recall correctly, the vouchers specify the restaurant(s) at which they may be used.  There are some substitutions listed in the footnotes due to the different restaurants on different ships. image.png.043597640e16c1580c25a1dc2970dea6.pngthey can be used.  

That is old. They can now be used anywhere

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vince_g said:

The terms and conditions don't mention anything about gifting the second voucher. But it does state that you cannot use both vouchers in the same place. How was it you managed to use both vouchers for the same place? Will be on Getaway in February with friends, and we would be interested in dining with them at a specialty restaurant without anyone having to pay. 

We asked at the Dining Reservation desk and was told it would be fine.

All went well and no questions asked.

As Keith says, the vouchers do not specify any particular restaurant now. 

2 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

Interesting as I pulled that directly from the NCL web page.  I guess some of those share staff that were let go had responsibility for keeping it up to date.

NCL aren’t great at updating their website, but when I look at it, they have certainly made an update.

In the notes under the tier benefits, this is what I see:

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.”

I can’t see any reference to specific restaurants any more (but I’m probably missing it).