Anthem (April 2nd 2023 Sailing) - Blue Lagoon booked for April 5th

sagosto63

We booked a last minute cruise and Blue Lagoon is sold out via RCCL. I checked Blue Lagoon website to book directly but it has a message to go through RCCL. This is not a private beach so I just can't get alternate transportation. The 866 number for Blue Lagoon isn't working so I can't contact them. I looked at Pearl Island but it looks tiny. Do I have any options?

I have 2 girls (6 @ 44" and 8 @ 52") so I have limited options.

Edited by sagosto63

There are usually several Blue Lagoon options. If they have the stingray option check and see if that is sold out too. You can skip the stingrays. No lunch but the lunch is not worth it. 

You can book it direct if they have availability but then instead of catching their ferry at the cruise ship dock you will have to take a private taxi to the ferry terminal on Paradise Island. Booking through the cruise line is better. .  

Edited by Charles4515

We are on the same cruise. 

You can go on the website and book independently for an 8am visit but of course we don't arrive until 12pm so I'm not sure how you would get there.

Like you I noticed a large number of the ships excursions are sold out and most of the resort day passes are sold out as we wanted to go to Margaritaville. Its seems strange as apparently only three ships in port that day.

7 hours ago, sagosto63 said:

We booked a last minute cruise and Blue Lagoon is sold out via RCCL. I checked Blue Lagoon website to book directly but it has a message to go through RCCL. This is not a private beach so I just can't get alternate transportation. The 866 number for Blue Lagoon isn't working so I can't contact them. I looked at Pearl Island but it looks tiny. Do I have any options?

I have 2 girls (6 @ 44" and 8 @ 52") so I have limited options.

Many times, Royal reserves a % of excursions, dining etc. for on board booking.  You can try then and go to the excursion desk as soon as you board.

6 hours ago, Tin can said:

We are on the same cruise. 

You can go on the website and book independently for an 8am visit but of course we don't arrive until 12pm so I'm not sure how you would get there.

Like you I noticed a large number of the ships excursions are sold out and most of the resort day passes are sold out as we wanted to go to Margaritaville. Its seems strange as apparently only three ships in port that day.

The only way to get to Blue Lagoon is on the their ferry. No other way. If their website shows no availability they are sold out. Capacity is not infinite. 

In regards to three ships there are a lot of resorts including Atlantis. Those visitors book Blue Lagoon through their resort.  I would guess that the Bahamas is a popular destination in April. Probably a lot of visitors on spring break. 

Besides the beach day Blue Lagoon has dolphin encounters, Sea Lion encounters, Stingray, snorkeling and Segway’s. So it it is a big draw. I have been there four times because unfortunately we have not found a Nassau excursion as nice.

Edited by Charles4515

I'm sure you probably know this, so please no flames, just sharing my experience.  I am hesitant to book excursions on my own because you never know when a ship will be diverted or late.  This past June we were supposed to arrive in Nassau at noon, but due a medical emergency we had to divert to  Port Everglades, and  arrived at Nassau more like 4pm.  Even the excursions run by Royal were all cancelled.  They made an announcement and quite a few people were unhappy.

Pearl Island has a nice sheltered beach but is somewhat smaller than Blue Lagoon.  A few toys like kids kayaks.  Pretty good food.  Great snorkeling area although dangerous if waves are running (we have seen boats come in to use it but leave due to waves).  Balmoral Island is nice, especially if you spring for a cabana.  Again, beach is fine for kids.  Food good.  Nice pools. And it does have dolphins.

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The only way to get to Blue Lagoon is on the their ferry. No other way. If their website shows no availability they are sold out. Capacity is not infinite. 

In regards to three ships there are a lot of resorts including Atlantis. Those visitors book Blue Lagoon through their resort.  I would guess that the Bahamas is a popular destination in April. Probably a lot of visitors on spring break. 

Besides the beach day Blue Lagoon has dolphin encounters, Sea Lion encounters, Stingray, snorkeling and Segway’s. So it it is a big draw. I have been there four times because unfortunately we have not found a Nassau excursion as nice.

There is lots of availability at Blue Lagoon on their website but the boat leaves at 8am so no good for the 12pm arrival of the original poster.

Good point about Nassau being busy with land visitors and possibly why Margaritaville and the Hilton didn’t open for day passes.